Led notifications

travis9935

Dec 29, 2011
Visit site
It drives me nuts that this phone doesn't have a notifications led. Is there anyway of doing so? Geez even when plugged in nothing. I'm so used to Samsung, apparently I've been spoiled. (previous note 4) :-/

mobrules

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
It's funny.......I agree with you. I just replaced a battery on an old RAZR Maxx HD. I think it was the last phone I had that with LED notification. My spouse is using it. Battery made it brand new.
But I really miss the notification LED. I even forgot it had different colors.

But to answer your question.......Sorry it's only got the active screen notifications. I disabled mine. Cat or dog walked past it and it would light up.
And since the cat and I mutually hate each other I suspect the cat was doing it purposely. Just kidding.

plumcrazy

Nov 16, 2014
Visit site
i hate that it doesnt have the LED. total fail IMO. i use the flash as a notification when i receive emails but if i dont see it, i still have to check the phone all the time. PIA

1901Madison

Jun 21, 2013
Visit site
Not to be harsh, but active display is the central feature of the Moto software. Why did you buy a Moto phone if you wanted LED notifications instead of active display?

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
Not to be harsh, but active display is the central feature of the Moto software. Why did you buy a Moto phone if you wanted LED notifications instead of active display?

Not to mention that Motorola has been this way since 2013.

travis9935

Dec 29, 2011
Visit site
Jesus I thought all phones had a notification led. Most do! Active screen... Whoopty do my note 4 had that along with leds. I'm seeing this phone has way way less features than the Samsungs do. Especially with the camera.

benjamminh

Apr 12, 2012
Visit site
Jesus I thought all phones had a notification led. Most do! Active screen... Whoopty do my note 4 had that along with leds. I'm seeing this phone has way way less features than the Samsungs do. Especially with the camera.
Samsung phones are known for their myriad of features. They also lag for many people. Pick your poison.

doogald

Trusted Member
Jan 3, 2010
Visit site

If you absolutely, positively need an LED and a better camera, trade this phone in while you have the chance and buy another Samsung phone. I've had phones with LED, but not since 2013. I don't miss it at all, but my phone is in my pocket 99% of the time, and, when it's not, I just pick it up and see what I missed. But, not everyone is me, so get the phone that works best for you.

Photo_Drew

Aug 18, 2012
Visit site
After having Moto phones for the last 4 years I wouldn't trade Moto display for a notification light.

The press and preview feature is worth not having one

beeare

Oct 17, 2013
Visit site
In my opinion it's an adjustment if you're coming directly from a phone with an LED, but once you use the Moto Display exclusively for a week or two you'll realize it's a much more effective and useful way to view and interact with your device to access any of apps pushing them through. The Note 4 most certainly did not have this feature, and personally since it's unveiling with the Moto Maxx a few years ago I will not use a phone that doesn't have it--- at least until some other innovation comes out which I assess as better.

Obviously this is a matter of preference, but Moto Display honestly, subtly changed the way I used smartphones for the better. If you bought this device and turned this feature off, you likely didn't give it a chance, and haven't yet recognized the value. However if you feel like you did and still don't care for it, then just do yourself a favor and get another phone.

travis9935

Dec 29, 2011
Visit site
Um yes the note 4 had the hand swipe screen view feature. Plus many more features. You obviously didn't do any exploring. I've had my phone for a month now. No other gripes just that mainly. Well with the Tumi battery pack even with a bumper it's very slippery. Hopefully someone makes a case for it. Because I love the extra battery & wireless charging feature. Hopefully some day they make a back door replacement that allows for just wireless charging. I mostly use my hybrid case because of the grip.

xweb10

Jul 26, 2011
Visit site
I used to rely on LED notifications, until Moto released the Active Display in the Droid Maxx. Now I feel the LED is moving backwards. But that is just me.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
Um yes the note 4 had the hand swipe screen view feature. Plus many more features. You obviously didn't do any exploring. I've had my phone for a month now. No other gripes just that mainly. Well with the Tumi battery pack even with a bumper it's very slippery. Hopefully someone makes a case for it. Because I love the extra battery & wireless charging feature. Hopefully some day they make a back door replacement that allows for just wireless charging. I mostly use my hybrid case because of the grip.

What did Samsung call that feature on the Note 4?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V7_i7IYEPi0

Galaxy Note 4 Review: If You Want a Phablet, You Want This | Pocketnow

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B_hSJ8S-fO0

http://www.theverge.com/2014/10/15/6974145/samsung-galaxy-note-4-review

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RImZ2A15_so

Samsung Galaxy Note 4 | Android Central

http://phandroid.com/2015/01/28/samsung-galaxy-note-4-tips-tricks/

https://www.androidpit.com/how-to-enable-motion-controls-on-the-galaxy-note-4

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site

1Coopgt

Apr 9, 2014
Visit site
Maybe sell the phone and get the S7 if you really need a blinking light .

This isn't directed at you . Why would someone buy a phone and not do any research on it . If a person can't live without a blinking light why would someone buy a Moto phone knowing that it has no LED. Although if you think about it the display is a really big LED that you can also see your notifications on.

doogald

Trusted Member
Jan 3, 2010
Visit site
This isn't directed at you . Why would someone buy a phone and not do any research on it . If a person can't live without a blinking light why would someone buy a Moto phone knowing that it has no LED.

He already answered.

Jesus I thought all phones had a notification led.

If you don't know that you're supposed to ask a question about something, you probably don't ask the question.

And people buy phones all the time without researching it first. They go into a carrier store when they need a new phone and start looking at all of the choices. Many, many people don't bother doing all that much research first. Not me - I know more about phones than they usually do in the store. But most people aren't like us.

beeare

Oct 17, 2013
Visit site
This is not the same feature. The Moto Display feature does more than just turn on the screen when you waive your hand over your phone. It is a more robust, fuller notification system than what you showed with the Note 4. It has other functions, enabling quick access to all information coming in, in a more efficient way. I would not be remotely interested in the feature as seen on the Note 4. And like another user said, it also turns on the entire screen so you lose out on some of the battery conservation inherent to the way the Moto Display system works.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12