How did I get a lock screen image

Shugacookie

Dec 29, 2016
Visit site
Just got my Moto z force a few days ago and today I noticed when I press the power button I have a screensaver image that is different from my home screen. I don't know how it got there and even though I deleted the image from photos and from Zedge (where I originally got it) it still remains. Anyone know how to get rid of this?

Thud Hardsmack

Trusted Member
Mar 22, 2015
Visit site
It'll stay there until you change it to something else; go to Settings -> Display -> Wallpaper and choose a new one. Alternatively you can also use the Zedge app - IIRC from using Zedge when setting wallpaper you're given "Lock screen" as a choice in addition to Home and perhaps your launcher.

Shugacookie

Dec 29, 2016
Visit site
My home screen wallpaper changes but not the lock screen image which I didn't think Moto phones even had. I tried Zedge, but I don't see the option for lock screen. Not sure what I'm doing wrong

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
My home screen wallpaper changes but not the lock screen image which I didn't think Moto phones even had. I tried Zedge, but I don't see the option for lock screen. Not sure what I'm doing wrong

On Nougat-

Long press on a home screen.

Select the Wallpaper option.

Select a wallpaper. Press Set.

Pop-up should appear that gives you the option to set home, lockscreen, or both.

No need to use Zedge.

Shugacookie

Dec 29, 2016
Visit site
Not getting the options to choose a screen. Doesn't say anything but wallpaper. Same from settings as well as Zedge. I've changed my wallpaper several times in the past few days and never noticed a different image when pressing the power button. Can't figure out what I did differently. I feel like it should be something obvious that I'm missing. I have updated to nougat.

Thud Hardsmack

Trusted Member
Mar 22, 2015
Visit site

It appears Zedge only sets for the Home screen, my mistake. Your photo album should include an option for "set as" or "use as" from the menu or if you press and hold on the photo, depending on the app.

Thud Hardsmack

Trusted Member
Mar 22, 2015
Visit site
Not getting the options to choose a screen. Doesn't say anything but wallpaper. Same from settings as well as Zedge. I've changed my wallpaper several times in the past few days and never noticed a different image when pressing the power button. Can't figure out what I did differently. I feel like it should be something obvious that I'm missing. I have updated to nougat.

Settings -> Lock Screen -> Wallpaper.

Really, I've been using Android for a couple years now. Not sure why I'm being a noob tonight.

1Coopgt

Apr 9, 2014
Visit site
You can set the Lock screen picture with Quick Pic also.

Edit: After some playing around it's actually Google Photo that gives the option to put pictures on the lock screen .

Last edited:

Chris Smith55

Jan 26, 2017
Visit site
Just got my Moto z force a few days ago and today I noticed when I press the power button I have a screensaver image that is different from my home screen. I don't know how it got there and even though I deleted the image from photos and from Zedge (where I originally got it) it still remains. Anyone know how to get rid of this?

Chris Smith55

Jan 26, 2017
Visit site
I think I figured it out when you go into wallpaper and you pick the wallpaper say I pick a picture that I have downloaded from Zedge. I went ahead and up where the check mark is at wallpaper I was holding it down and then I swiped to the left while holding it down and the wallpaper area with a check mark is and it gave me the option to do home lock or both check it out and see if that helps it took me awhile to figure it out myself thank you, Chris

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
knowledge is power