Moto Z Force Droid: NCLS25.86-11-4 (includes Dec 1, 2016 Security Patch)

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
Moto Z Droid: NCLS25.86-11-4 (includes Dec 1, 2016 Security Patch)

http:////forums.androidcentral.com/...oto-z-droid-editions-update%2F&token=OCTpz89e

Current Software Update Benefits
Software Version: NCLS25.86-11-4
The current software update gives you the most up to date Android™ security patch on your device.

H6rwpJn.png

Np19Cga.png

F5su3hG.png

7fNFB5J.png

Last edited:

masseurca

Dec 9, 2010
Visit site
This update is 68mb. That article talks about a 500mb+ update. So not sure what it's talking about, it's not this update.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
Confirmed. This update does NOT include changes to address the low notification issue that some people are having.

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Moto-Z-Force/Quiet-notifications-moto-z/m-p/3524088#M3148

Hello everyone,

I wanted to set some expectations. The update that started rolling out today for the Moto Z/Z Force Droid is just a security update. It does not include the notification fixes previously mentioned by Matt. Either Matt or I will update you all when we have more information.

-Tom

NunoSimoes

Jun 2, 2012
Visit site
Having updated my device I can confirm the notification volume issue has NOT been fixed. As a matter of fact it appears to have worsened, before the update I could use device help>fix>hardware tests>speaker to run the test 2times and the volume got a little better, now that process does not help at all.

I feel the notification volume issue is related to the fact that the volume increases incrementally, this is seen when the hardware test runs, the volume increases incrementally. This incremental increase is also evident when switching from ear speaker to hands free mode when on a phone call. But alas I'm not an electronics engineer.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
Having updated my device I can confirm the notification volume issue has NOT been fixed. As a matter of fact it appears to have worsened, before the update I could use device help>fix>hardware tests>speaker to run the test 2times and the volume got a little better, now that process does not help at all.

I feel the notification volume issue is related to the fact that the volume increases incrementally, this is seen when the hardware test runs, the volume increases incrementally. This incremental increase is also evident when switching from ear speaker to hands free mode when on a phone call. But alas I'm not an electronics engineer.

Already confirmed by Motorola that this update does not include anything to address the issue some may be having.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
scout13fox