can't delete photo on SD card with google photo app

cjsunsp88

Sep 12, 2016
Visit site
I love that google photo app is the default app for photo management. But recently google photo app can't delete the photos stored on SD card. It gave error like this:
Photos doesn't have access to delete items on your SD card. Go to the Gallery app to continue deleting.

Any solution ? Thanks !

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Yup, 3rd party apps (Google Photos included) don't have full SD Card access now. They can just read off of it and can only write/modify files into a folder the app created, so if the picture was not created by Google Photos, only the original app or a 'stock' application like the Gallery App or a system File Manager can do that.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
I love that google photo app is the default app for photo management. But recently google photo app can't delete the photos stored on SD card. It gave error like this:
Photos doesn't have access to delete items on your SD card. Go to the Gallery app to continue deleting.

Any solution ? Thanks !

Where did the pictures come from?

doogald

Trusted Member
Jan 3, 2010
Visit site
Can you move the folder that the photos are in on the SD card into a folder that was created by the camera app? That folder should inherit the permissions of the higher level folder.

snowsquirrel

Dec 8, 2011
Visit site
The third party file manager I installed can delete files no problem. So I don't think this is the issue. It is simply a bug. This is the problem with free apps, Google has no motivation to fix it.

anon(40376)

Jul 15, 2010
Visit site
I uninstalled the google photos app that was on my Moto Z 7.0, and installed FOTO gallery. The google app had more bugs than a dead body in a jungle. Every time I tried to create an album from a photo that was uploaded from the computer, it crashed. Talked with Verizon tech and they are aware, and suggested a third party app.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech