Screen cover

darin.radke.5

Nov 8, 2015
Visit site
Any suggestions on screen protection? Looking to keep scratches of main screen. I've had a couple different tempered glass one but they keep cracking... Which is annoying. Any suggestions?

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
Hello! I've used both plastic and tempered glass protectors on my phones, and have generally liked both. Plastic, however, does change the feel of your screen; whereas tempered glass gives your phone further protection and a nicer, "more accurate" feel. I'm sorry your tempered glass protectors keep cracking! What brand are they? I would look on Amazon for some higher quality ones - some of the cheaper ones do work well, but if you can get a two-pack with a good rating, go for it!

kmf1

May 5, 2011
Visit site
I am using the Zaag InvisiShield Tempered Glass screen protector on my Z Force. It's been on since mid Oct 2016. No bubbles or peeling yet. I wouldn't be without it.

thebat1

May 27, 2011
Visit site
My 2 zaggs have both started peeling up on the right side after two weeks on brand new phone..put on at the store!! Uggghh

YAYTech

Jul 18, 2012
Visit site
I didn't have any issues with my Zagg, but the guy at the store applied it just a little off center, and one day I decided to see if I could re-center it. In the process a piece of dust got under it right in the middle of the screen, causing a bubble. Rather than pay the ~$8 shipping for a warranty replacement Zagg, I decided to try one on Amazon that was a 2pk for about the same money, and a design that fully went around the sensors & such. One cracked in one corner over christmas, so I'm on the 2nd one. Sadly, some dust got on the back side of it when I went to apply it, but it hasn't formed bubbles. I just have dust in a few places, which isn't noticeable if the screen's on. It still bugs me, so I may replace it again sometime. *shrug*

The Zagg was great quality (it didn't crack on me), but it's somewhat pricey up front, and "free" warranty replacements have ~$8 shipping.

thebat1

May 27, 2011
Visit site
I didn't have any issues with my Zagg, but the guy at the store applied it just a little off center, and one day I decided to see if I could re-center it. In the process a piece of dust got under it right in the middle of the screen, causing a bubble. Rather than pay the ~$8 shipping for a warranty replacement Zagg, I decided to try one on Amazon that was a 2pk for about the same money, and a design that fully went around the sensors & such. One cracked in one corner over christmas, so I'm on the 2nd one. Sadly, some dust got on the back side of it when I went to apply it, but it hasn't formed bubbles. I just have dust in a few places, which isn't noticeable if the screen's on. It still bugs me, so I may replace it again sometime. *shrug*

The Zagg was great quality (it didn't crack on me), but it's somewhat pricey up front, and "free" warranty replacements have ~$8 shipping.
Thank you.... do you happen to have the link to the ones you got?

YAYTech

Jul 18, 2012
Visit site
Thank you.... do you happen to have the link to the ones you got?

Looks like it was the Spigen ones. Overall they seem good, though I suspect they're thinner than the Zagg, as I didn't drop my phone hard at any time, and I'm not even sure when the one cracked in the corner. Still, they're inexpensive and easy to install & remove, so I'd still recommend them.

https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B01LRVG7N4/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I'm considering getting an air cleaner for my office before I replace my next one though. lol I removed the plastic from the back of the 2nd one, then noticed a piece of dust had gotten on the screen between the time I cleaned it & prepped the protector, so I set the protector down to get the dust off. Probably took all of 10 seconds, but by the time I put the protector on, dust had landed on the adhesive side of the protector. :p

thebat1

May 27, 2011
Visit site
Thank you so much I appreciate that. Appreciate the link and the information. Now if I can just find a case to go with my battery mod i would be set

YAYTech

Jul 18, 2012
Visit site
Thank you so much I appreciate that. Appreciate the link and the information. Now if I can just find a case to go with my battery mod i would be set

To my knowledge, there is no case that'll cover the phone and battery mod. Just the bumpers that cover the phone edge & allow the mod to be used (but not covered).

turbochgd

Oct 18, 2016
Visit site

As YAYTech said your choices for a case with a mod attached is limited to the Verizon bumper and the Incipio bumper. I use the Verizon one everyday and really like it.

I would go with the premium Zagg InvisibleShield tempered glass as others have mentioned. It feels wonderful on the phone and is the best out there IMO. The only thing is I would purchase from a Verizon store and have them install it. This way if anything isn't right they'll do it again. It will run a little more this way but definitely worth it.

thebat1

May 27, 2011
Visit site
As YAYTech said your choices for a case with a mod attached is limited to the Verizon bumper and the Incipio bumper. I use the Verizon one everyday and really like it.

I would go with the premium Zagg InvisibleShield tempered glass as others have mentioned. It feels wonderful on the phone and is the best out there IMO. The only thing is I would purchase from a Verizon store and have them install it. This way if anything isn't right they'll do it again. It will run a little more this way but definitely worth it.
Unfortunately I bought this one (zagg) from the Verizon store and they installed it on a brand new phone and in less than two weeks it was bubbled and they told me I would have to send it back to the company... I did purchase a bumper but I don't see any way possible for it to fit on with my Motorola battery mod? Maybe I don't know which one you're talking about on the case?

YAYTech

Jul 18, 2012
Visit site
Unfortunately I bought this one (zagg) from the Verizon store and they installed it on a brand new phone and in less than two weeks it was bubbled and they told me I would have to send it back to the company... I did purchase a bumper but I don't see any way possible for it to fit on with my Motorola battery mod? Maybe I don't know which one you're talking about on the case?

Which battery mod? (There isn't a Motorola one, there's an Incipio (w and w/out wireless charging) and a Mophie one. Both bumpers should allow for either mod to be used.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
My first Zagg didn't survive the first fall flat on its face. It cracked.

Second one has been OK.

thebat1

May 27, 2011
Visit site
Which battery mod? (There isn't a Motorola one, there's an Incipio (w and w/out wireless charging) and a Mophie one. Both bumpers should allow for either mod to be used.
Oops its a mophie mod....but the bumpers ive seen wont work? Im lost...lol

the53rdcard

Dec 12, 2011
Visit site
I'd avoid the omoton tempered glass ones as well, they might come in a 2 pack, but that is because you can go to sleep and wake up with it having a very small crack somewhere on the sides, both mine and my wifes z force have these and both have cracked, the only up side is, they have lifetime warranties, so im on my 3rd, she is on her 2nd, we do not drop the phones, and we have the verizon backless bumpercases.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
armeniomanuel