Suggestions for a New Force Owner

benjamin19

Trusted Member
Oct 2, 2012
Visit site
Hey everyone, I have always been a huge fan of Motorola, have the original Moto X, and my wife also getting the 2nd gen. I have had a 2 year affair with a OnePlus One, and then dabbled in the nostalgia of a Blackberry PRIV, but the new unlimited plan for Verizon has brought us back to Big Red, upgraded my wife to the Force, and brought me back to Motorola as well.

My question is, what tips, mods, cases, etc. do those of you who have had this for months offer? I purchased the Mophie Mod (man is it a brick), got the wife one of those Verizon Kate Spade cases for half off, Spigen glass screen protectors are on the way as well as an Incipio bumper for me.

Has anyone found any skins that could attach to the Mophie Mod to keep it from being so slippery? Have those of you with battery mods find yourself keeping them attached all the time or only on need? I had thought I would want it all the time, but the ease of switching out mods and backplates surprised me, so i could see myself alternating.

1Coopgt

Apr 9, 2014
Visit site
If you haven't put on screen protectors yet do it . The Screen is plastic so it shouldn't break but it will scratch . I have Zagg Glass on mine . Also i have an Incipio case on mine but I don't have any Mods.

garak0410

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
If you haven't put on screen protectors yet do it . The Screen is plastic so it shouldn't break but it will scratch . I have Zagg Glass on mine . Also i have an Incipio case on mine but I don't have any Mods.

I will second this...while looking at my phone it looks fine, but yesterday, in directly sunlight, I could see a ton of small micro scratches...doesn't affect it at all and I don't see them in normal conditions. But I did order some screen protectors for it arriving tomorrow.

I think this is the most "complete" Phone out there that is as close to stock Android and with 7.0 that you can get. I think it is very underrated and doesn't get enough praise or coverage.

A few notes:

I use adoptive storage and I've had ZERO issues with it. You need to make sure you are on a highly rated U3 card. It may still say your card is slow but I've had no issues at all. The 32GB base storage was just too little for me. You do need to remember to move apps with useful widgets to internal storage as widgets will not work on microSD cards.

The Camera is outstanding but often slow. It was rated just under the Pixel and while the Pixel is screaming fast, I found that the Pixel had way too many "halo" shots or white washed photos even with great sunlight.

I use the JBL Mod and the Incipio Offgrid Power Pack Mod (as needed) in Efficiency mode. I also have 3 different "mods" for my normal back of the phone (stock, maroon and leather.)

I do not use any case (no bumper).

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Akshay