USB-C charge cable with audio splitter

AG097986

Feb 22, 2017
Visit site
Has anyone found a USB-C cable that also has an audio jack? I use the aux for audio in my car, but need to charge my Moto Z, as well.

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
No, unfortunately that's not something that is supported by the USB spec. It might be possible to do through a USB hub.

xeene

Dec 17, 2011
Visit site
Another option is if you are using battery mod you can get a wireless charger like air dock and plug your audio jack into Usb-c while phone charges wirelessly.

Or you can do like I do. I have a Bluetooth fm transmitter that transmits on certain radio frequency that you pick and you just set your radio to that station.

doogald

Trusted Member
Jan 3, 2010
Visit site
Or you can do like I do. I have a Bluetooth fm transmitter that transmits on certain radio frequency that you pick and you just set your radio to that station.

Where I live, that is virtually impossible. All of the frequencies that these sorts of devices use are in use. At least the last time I tried this, I also found that my car antenna was either too far away from the device, of the device wasn't powerful enough, to get a good signal when I did find one. And then you pass a lot of cars tuned to the same frequencies that interrupt what you are listening to. The aux jack devices are a lot more reliable IMHO. (Though I solved this for good by installing a Kenwood BT radio with USB connection myself.)

jesta192

Aug 26, 2010
Visit site
Where I live, that is virtually impossible. All of the frequencies that these sorts of devices use are in use. At least the last time I tried this, I also found that my car antenna was either too far away from the device, of the device wasn't powerful enough, to get a good signal when I did find one. And then you pass a lot of cars tuned to the same frequencies that interrupt what you are listening to. The aux jack devices are a lot more reliable IMHO. (Though I solved this for good by installing a Kenwood BT radio with USB connection myself.)

I drive a company vehicle and I can't swap out the stereo. So I bought this:

https://goto.walmart.com/c/1943169/...-Supports-USB-Disk-and-Micro-SD-Card/46997832

You can either plug it into Aux, or it will broadcast over FM. You could also use it as a traditional wired FM transmitter. It's not perfect (what Bluetooth device is?) but it works well enough for me.

canonBoy

Jul 13, 2010
Visit site

kf6kmx

Jun 16, 2010
Visit site
I drive a company vehicle and I can't swap out the stereo. So I bought this:

https://goto.walmart.com/c/1943169/...-Supports-USB-Disk-and-Micro-SD-Card/46997832

You can either plug it into Aux, or it will broadcast over FM. You could also use it as a traditional wired FM transmitter. It's not perfect (what Bluetooth device is?) but it works well enough for me.
That's the one I have in my 03 Z71... The antenna is on the far side of the truck,but this is right by the radio plugged in... Most FREQS around here are used also but this stomps all over the one I use... As long as a signal is playing it overpowers the broadcast... If the Bluetooth is a dead air you can hear a little background

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
be1digital