Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
Just tried to hold the home button.

FGGKjEc.png

ASD Dad

Mar 23, 2015
Visit site
Ditto to above, held home button this morning and it came up. No clue how or when, I dont have anything set to auto update! I set it up and it is working fine but I didnt use Moto Voice.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
Ditto to above, held home button this morning and it came up. No clue how or when, I dont have anything set to auto update! I set it up and it is working fine but I didnt use Moto Voice.

Assistant is a server side change.

garak0410

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
Both mine and my wife's came through. And funny, just a day after I learned how to make Cortana my default assistant. LOL

hemiguy37

Jul 2, 2010
Visit site
Doesn't appear that Google Assistant plays nice with Moto voice. If you press and hold the home button you can use assistant. But if you try from any screen by saying OK GOOGLE, it doesn't pick it up because Moto voice is active and using the microphone. So to use Google Assistant press and hold home button then talk to it. Not perfect but works....?

JohnS305

Jan 8, 2013
Visit site
Still nothing on mine. I'm beginning to feel left out. My wife got it on her Moto Z a few days ago, and my co-worker on his Z Force, but not mine. I read that most of the U.S. should have gotten it. I don't know if something could be wrong with mine? The phone's working fine in every aspect as far as I can tell. I've been getting regular app updates but not assistant. Just have to wait and see I guess.

JohnS305

Jan 8, 2013
Visit site
Finally got it yesterday. I was looking through different settings and realized my language was set to English U.K. I never touched the language settings so I don't know how it got that way. Anyway, I changed it to English U.S. and about an hour later Assistant showed up.

beeare

Oct 17, 2013
Visit site
Can anybody who has received the update confirm that they have OK Google turned off ? I use Moto Voice and have OK Google turned off in my Google settings. I'm still waiting to receive my Google Assistant update, and I doubt this would have anything to do with it, but just curious...

Mattsg430

Oct 31, 2014
Visit site
Can anybody who has received the update confirm that they have OK Google turned off ? I use Moto Voice and have OK Google turned off in my Google settings. I'm still waiting to receive my Google Assistant update, and I doubt this would have anything to do with it, but just curious...

Confirmed

kmf1

May 5, 2011
Visit site
I use Moto voice. With Google Assistant on my phone now, it automatically activates Google Voice for using Assistant. I know this because I turned off Google Voice and it's turned back on the next time that I look in Google voice settings. However, this does not interfere with Moto voice. When I say "ok Moto Z" and ask a question I get the same results as before having Assistant on the phone.

J Dubbs

Jun 4, 2016
Visit site
The latest security update screwed up my Bluetooth and now Google Assistant screwed up my Moto voice.

I'm really getting sick of these so called "improvements" 😤

Another factory reset...... thanks Google 😕👎

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty