Bluetooth connect issues

Bigwaves1

Jan 11, 2012
Visit site
Moto Z Force Droid

Not sure exactly when i started, maybe after one of the security updates.
All settings to keep BT on and visible.
For a while, my streaming would pause 5 min after screen lock. (iheart, spotify, local radio app, etc) Uninstalled/re-installed all of those apps
Wiped cache. Rebooted many times, and it kept this up for a week or so. One day it did not pause, and has been fine since!?!? No idea why.

One issue that remains.
Before, I would get in the car and go, Bluetooth automatically connected no mater where my phone was. Briefcase, backpack, pocket.
Now it will not connect unless I unlock screen BEFORE I even start the car. I have deleted and repaired from phone and car several times. I have paired only as phone, and as multimedia device with no difference. And whenit was paired as multimedia, the stream would stutter.

I just want to get in the car and go without fuggin with it

I do not know what to try next.
Any assistance would be welcomed
Bigwaves

AZDROIDX

Dec 15, 2010
Visit site
I just got a replacement for my Z Force a few weeks ago, still have a little BT issues but not as bad as my last one I had since September. I always had issues with connecting to car audio, my cars or rentals. No issues with my BT speakers at home for some reason. Always skipped audio sound, all music apps and Maps too. Only a factory reset would fix issue for a few weeks, if not only days. Clearing cache would sometimes work, for hours. Replacement is much better, if I start having issues with BT again a quick power off and on gets the job done. My experience. Good luck.

Bigwaves1

Jan 11, 2012
Visit site
I still have not resolved this issue. When I get in my car, I have to bluetooth and hit the "car multi media" list item and start a manual connection prior to starting the car. IF I am lucky, it will connect to the car system. A lot of times it will connect for 2 seconds, and disconnect. Very frustration. I also have a pair of ear buds that connect, disconnect, connect, disconnect, before finally connecting. Grabbed my old Droid maxx and it paired immediately with the car.

I have not done a factory reset. Is this something I should try? Would that do anything? I LOVE the phone EXCEPT this friggin BT issue. Please assist!!

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
No issues with Bluetooth connectivity for me.

Bluetooth is always on. I'm constantly connected to my first generation Moto 360. I connect every day to stream audio to a Nissan Altima or Nissan Versa Note - no issues. I use a Fingerprint with a Passcode backup for security. My Moto 360 and my cars are all Trusted Bluetooth devices.

I'd start all over. You know the issue doesn't happen in Safe Mode. Unpair and delete the phone from your car. Do a Factory Reset on the device. Set the device up as new. Repair and see if still happens.

doogald

Trusted Member
Jan 3, 2010
Visit site
No issues with Bluetooth connectivity for me.

Bluetooth is always on. I'm constantly connected to my first generation Moto 360. I connect every day to stream audio to a Nissan Altima or Nissan Versa Note - no issues. I use a Fingerprint with a Passcode backup for security. My Moto 360 and my cars are all Trusted Bluetooth devices.

I'd start all over. You know the issue doesn't happen in Safe Mode. Unpair and delete the phone from your car. Do a Factory Reset on the device. Set the device up as new. Repair and see if still happens.

And, in case "set up the device as new" wasn't clear, do not restore from an old backup. I'd actually suggest installing only the most critically needed apps first. See if the problem recurs. If so - it's likely an issue with one of those apps. If not - install other apps that you think you need, but do it in bunches, seeing if you have an issue after each bunch. It will help identify any potential app conflicts.

Bigwaves1

Jan 11, 2012
Visit site
And, in case "set up the device as new" wasn't clear, do not restore from an old backup. I'd actually suggest installing only the most critically needed apps first. See if the problem recurs. If so - it's likely an issue with one of those apps. If not - install other apps that you think you need, but do it in bunches, seeing if you have an issue after each bunch. It will help identify any potential app conflicts.

Success!!!!! Thank you.
I will now do as you have suggested and add critical apps first. Then test. Then selected apps 5 or so at a time and test each time.

I was at Verizon today for my sons phone and explained my situation. They were not much help.

I now have my Z Force as I like it.
Again, that you.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12