Z Force back up

Jaj4e

Jul 10, 2014
Visit site
I apparently will have to try a complete factory data reset because my Z Force has given me nothing but problems. Only had it for a little over a week and it freezes up and the battery is definitely not what I expected. Drains horribly. I don't know if this is due to the Nouget update or not because it updated within a day after I got it. I have until this Friday to return it and am seriously thinking of exchanging it for the Z Play because of battery life but really wanted the better camera (opinions on that?). Anyways , if I do FDR I want to make sure everything is backed up to my SD card. I don't know how to do that. And after I do, do I remove the SD card before? I need step by step instructions please.

Bitterman

Apr 5, 2011
Visit site
Before you go and do a reset have you wiped the cache partition? This should be done after any OS update. You won't lose any data and there's a good chance it will solve your issues.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
I apparently will have to try a complete factory data reset because my Z Force has given me nothing but problems. Only had it for a little over a week and it freezes up and the battery is definitely not what I expected. Drains horribly. I don't know if this is due to the Nouget update or not because it updated within a day after I got it. I have until this Friday to return it and am seriously thinking of exchanging it for the Z Play because of battery life but really wanted the better camera (opinions on that?). Anyways , if I do FDR I want to make sure everything is backed up to my SD card. I don't know how to do that. And after I do, do I remove the SD card before? I need step by step instructions please.

Define "everything".

Jaj4e

Jul 10, 2014
Visit site
I did it last night with the help of Best Buy. Did a complete FDR & then a few minutes ago… same issue. It froze up on me.

Jaj4e

Jul 10, 2014
Visit site
Update…. Called Motorola & they said Nouget is causing a problem & they stopped the update to the Motorola devices. Guess I'll have to return the phone

1Coopgt

Apr 9, 2014
Visit site

If you are having all of these issues and you have only had the phone a week why don't you take it back to Verizon and have them help you with it?

"Update…. Called Motorola & they said Nougat is causing a problem & they stopped the update to the Motorola devices. "

I find this hard to believe . There aren't many threads here or the Moto site with customers screaming about issues like this. If Nougat was failing for thousands of people where Moto stopped the phones from updating to it it would be big news on a lot of forums .

Also the updates you got were probably Nougat and the latest security patch for March. Do the FDR and see if it fixes your phone . If not take it to Verizon .

doogald

Trusted Member
Jan 3, 2010
Visit site
"Update…. Called Motorola & they said Nougat is causing a problem & they stopped the update to the Motorola devices. "

I find this hard to believe . There aren't many threads here or the Moto site with customers screaming about issues like this. If Nougat was failing for thousands of people where Moto stopped the phones from updating to it it would be big news on a lot of forums .

It is true that Motorola pulled Nougat for the Turbo 2. I'm guessing that the person who said that Nougat was pulled didn't know it was just for that phone.

In case you're interested, see https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/DROID-TURBO-2-by-Motorola/Nougat-Update-Issues/td-p/3608387

1Coopgt

Apr 9, 2014
Visit site
It is true that Motorola pulled Nougat for the Turbo 2. I'm guessing that the person who said that Nougat was pulled didn't know it was just for that phone.

In case you're interested, see https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/DROID-TURBO-2-by-Motorola/Nougat-Update-Issues/td-p/3608387

Interesting . Kind of backs up what I said. There would be a lot of upset peeps in this forum if something like what happened to the Turbo2 happened to the ZForce to shut down the update.