How we got here...

sharkita

Dec 7, 2013
Visit site
I have the 2013, 2014, and 2015 Moto X (and all my X's live in Texas - HA!). I agree that the Pure Edition is the best of the three, but I still remember that "OH WOW!" feeling I had with that first 2013 Moto X. Moto (Active) Display - what a concept! I can't imagine a phone without it. The 2014 Moto X was pretty much perfect except for that dadburned subpar camera, and the MXPE fixed that - at least for me the camera has been just fine. I've never had battery issues with any of them. I wish I could get excited about the new X or Z, but those modules. Ugh. Not for me. I think I'll just hang onto my MXPE for now.

Posted via the Android Central App

Laura Knotek

Moderator Captain
Jan 8, 2011
Visit site
I have the 2013, 2014, and 2015 Moto X (and all my X's live in Texas - HA!). I agree that the Pure Edition is the best of the three, but I still remember that "OH WOW!" feeling I had with that first 2013 Moto X. Moto (Active) Display - what a concept! I can't imagine a phone without it. The 2014 Moto X was pretty much perfect except for that dadburned subpar camera, and the MXPE fixed that - at least for me the camera has been just fine. I've never had battery issues with any of them. I wish I could get excited about the new X or Z, but those modules. Ugh. Not for me. I think I'll just hang onto my MXPE for now.

Posted via the Android Central App

I have the 2013 and the MXPE. I'm also going to keep the MXPE for now. Whatever my next phone is won't be something with modules.

The modules are ugly. The dual front-facing speakers are gone. I also have no use for accessories (other than cases/screen protectors) that are usable on only one device. I like to have accessories for multiple devices. For instance I don't need a module DAC, since I have a FiiO DAC that works with all of my devices. I keep accessories longer than I keep phones anyway.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress