Modular connection allows for the return of physical keyboards?

dwerkmd

Jun 10, 2016
Visit site
Do this fat fingered man a favor and return to me the physical keyboard. This phone seems like the perfect candidate for old men like me that prefer physical over touch screens. A modular interface will allow for the option.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
Do this fat fingered man a favor and return to me the physical keyboard. This phone seems like the perfect candidate for old men like me that prefer physical over touch screens. A modular interface will allow for the option.

There's nothing to stop anyone from making a keyboard module.

Posted via the Android Central App on the Moto X Pure Edition

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
There's nothing to stop anyone from making a keyboard module.

Nothing except start up costs and possibly a lack of enough of a market to support the effort

Posted via the Android Central App

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
Nothing except start up costs and possibly a lack of enough of a market to support the effort

Same with LG's Friends.

SCipio66

Jul 15, 2016
Visit site
My desire for a physical keyboard has nothing to do with the fatness (or lack thereof!) of my fingers. I just hate having to give up so much screenspace to the virtual keyboard. The old sliding keyboards were great; they slid from the underside and the entire screen was still available for use.

I'll be watching this phone. If anyone ever makes a mod with a physical keyboard even half as good as the old Droid 4's, I'll just pass them my bank account information and let them help themselves.*

-S'Cipio

*Not really, but I'd pay a very hefty price.

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
I'm trying to picture it. I guess it have to snap in place and then work off a hinge. I have a zagg keyboard that does that for my iPad but it connects off bluetooth. Its more like a folio case. Could actually be done for any phone.

YAYTech

Jul 18, 2012
Visit site
I'm trying to picture it. I guess it have to snap in place and then work off a hinge. I have a zagg keyboard that does that for my iPad but it connects off bluetooth. Its more like a folio case. Could actually be done for any phone.

Have you ever handled one of the earlier Android phones with a slide-out keyboard? Much better than a hinge, as the phone assembly stays rigid and you don't have to support both the keyboard and phone separately. I doubt I'd want one due to the bulk it would add, but I could see where some might like it.

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
Have you ever handled one of the earlier Android phones with a slide-out keyboard? Much better than a hinge, as the phone assembly stays rigid and you don't have to support both the keyboard and phone separately. I doubt I'd want one due to the bulk it would add, but I could see where some might like it.

Yeah....I have one laying around somewhere and it sucked

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Robbyworkman1995