Moto z car navigation

farsics

Sep 11, 2013
Visit site
I am coming from the original Moto x 2013 which eventually broke around two months ago and in the interim I have been using an iPhone 4. I just purchased the Moto z and am quite happy with it so far however there is one issue I can't figure out. While connected via Bluetooth to my Jeep, both the original Moto x and iPhone play navigation directions across my car speakers no matter what source I am playing (radio, USB, aux, Bluetooth). In the new moto z I do not get the navigation directions to play through the car speakers unless I am specifically on the Bluetooth source. To me this is a huge downgrade that I can't listen to the radio and get directions at the same time over my car speakers. Are there any settings to correct this or work around this?

I have reset my Bluetooth pairing and checked all the settings to play directions over Bluetooth. I am not interested in it reading out from my phone vs car either.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
I had a first gen Moto X and I can't recall if the Bluetooth behavior is as you described. It is my understanding that you would need to be on Bluetooth for this to come over the car's speakers. My third gen Moto X behaves this way.

Interestingly, Moto Voice works either way when announcing calls/texts in Drive mode since it go over the phone Bluetooth profile instead of the streaming audio Bluetooth profile.