Possible Hasselblad True Zoom Camera Moto Mod?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
https://plus.google.com/+hellomotoHK/posts/gUB7TraAN5D

1%2B-%2B1

hallux

Q&A Team
Jul 7, 2013
Visit site
If you're going to spend that kind of money on an add-on for your phone, why not save a chunk of that and just get one of these?
Canon PowerShot ELPH 350 HS 20.2-Megapixel Digital Camera Black 0154C001 - Best Buy

The photo quality will likely be as good. Yes, I realize that you always have your phone on you, which is a benefit to the add-on, but are you REALLY going to have that add-on on the phone all the time?

Last edited:

anon(1733)

Oct 14, 2009
Visit site
I like it. Hopefully it's not that expensive. If it's around 2-3 hundred I'll consider it. Although I don't even really like paying that much. See will have to see.

Bankz111

Jun 16, 2016
Visit site
Think of a single Machine/Engine/ on steroids that can power any appliance/gadget at the same time being small and mobile. For instance, let's imagine that such device could power phones, glucose meters, projectors, speakers, cameras, credit card readers, desktops, keyboards, batteries, sensors, E-ink screens, medical health kits etc..
A machine/engine that isn't limited by space, convenience, and mobility that can turn into anything any minute. Sort of like those master keys that could open any door. Wouldn't you desire such a machine/device?

Think about it for a minute tbh.

Well, that machine/engine/device is the "Moto Z".

This, in actual reality is the way to define the Moto Z, IMO.

Yes, other phones might be a little bit faster, a little bit more symmetrical, have a little bit better camera, and a little bit more beautiful (even if I think none is bar the note7), but non is this machine/engine, non is this powerful, non is as innovative, non has such potential, non is as exciting, and non can be the phenomenon that is the "Moto Z".

Imo, buying these Mods will save you the cost of buying the stand alone, more expensive equivalent of those gadgets/devices, and what's more, this supposed engine is mobile and small, unlike their stand alone counterparts..

I really want to build a gadget eco system around the Z family. So that when the more refined Z comes out next year, I'll have to just buy only the phone without spending a dime on Mods (since I must have already got the exciting ones I need). Its more of a long term thing for me tbh..

So, as for the Camera Mod, I'm definitely getting it. Even if it costs $1,000 tbh. Yes, I know it might be expensive, but its innovative and not just that, it has the potential to be so much more more so, its just what will make me happy at this point, (was almost dyeing of boredom in the smartphone industry tbh) and it offers a different experience which is what buying flagships are supposed to be all about. Its the reason I stayed on the nexus 5 for donkey years now..

The problem here is that I've been so bored of all the smart phones coming out for like 4 years now. For instance just take a look at the N7, So, its only natural that when I see stuff like the Z's, I tend to want to just enjoy the moment as I know it'll be a while before something as innovative comes out again.

Last edited:

anon(1733)

Oct 14, 2009
Visit site
While I agree the Z is the most innovative device this year IMO and I agree it looks the best out of all devices this year. I cannot spend 1000 on a mod. My wife would kill me lol. But even if she didn't care I wouldn't buy it. It's my hope it is cheaper.

Bankz111

Jun 16, 2016
Visit site
While I agree the Z is the most innovative device this year IMO and I agree it looks the best out of all devices this year. I cannot spend 1000 on a mod. My wife would kill me lol. But even if she didn't care I wouldn't buy it. It's my hope it is cheaper.

Lol, I probably exaggerated with the $1,000 bit, but I believe you get my point though..

I heard the Mod will come at a $250 - $300 price tag. Weather its subsidized I don't really know.

I heard the information today. I even heard It might come out this august too

anon(1733)

Oct 14, 2009
Visit site
Lol, I probably exaggerated with the $1,000 bit, but I believe you get my point though..

I heard the Mod will come at a $250 - $300 price tag. Weather its subsidized I don't really know.

I heard the information today. I even heard It might come out this august too
That would be a good price. I would definitely buy it for that price. And if it does come out in August even better. The sooner the better. It's my hope more mods continue to push out otherwise no matter how much better the implementation is it will end up being another LG with lack of support for the Mods.

cbironman24

Feb 20, 2013
Visit site
If you're going to spend that kind of money on an add-on for your phone, why not save a chunk of that and just get one of these?
Canon PowerShot ELPH 350 HS 20.2-Megapixel Digital Camera Black 0154C001 - Best Buy

The photo quality will likely be as good. Yes, I realize that you always have your phone on you, which is a benefit to the add-on, but are you REALLY going to have that add-on on the phone all the time?

IF the price was somewhat around the cost of a Cannon powershot or other camera like it, I think I would go the route of getting the mod. Think about it this way. If your going to sporting event and your going to carry your phone and your cannon powershot camera, why not just carry your phone and have the mod in your pocket. Then when your ready to take pictures you slap it on the phone and all your pictures are saved to the phone and you could upload direct to your choice of social media or share via text or email instantly.

If its under $300 I think I would pick one up.

YAYTech

Jul 18, 2012
Visit site

That's the question folks will need to ask themselves. We don't know pricing, so we don't know if it'll be a money savings, but there are pros & cons to both options. The biggest concern I'd have with the Mod is that I don't trust Lenovo to support this generation of mods past a couple years, so you're only looking at 3-4 years until the phones it works with are rather outdated, and using the mod requires either using an old phone, or carrying an old phone/mod combo in addition to your newer phone, at which point it's an outdated but fancy separate point & shoot. But having the mod means you have many, many more options of what you can do with the photo after you take it, without having to carry additional devices (laptop, etc) or transfer files. You can take the picture, then edit, share, etc right away on the same device. But will you actually still use it after ~4 years? That regular point & shoot camera will still have the same usability ten years down the road...

For me, it'll come down to how good the photos are (the Z's camera is already pretty darned good, and I have a DSLR if I want REALLY good photos), and what the price is. Still, I can see the appeal.

anon(1733)

Oct 14, 2009
Visit site
That's one of the draws to a camera mod instead ofcarrying two devices. My phone backs everything up automatically. My phone can share everything instantly. If I carried a camera as well then I have to worry about transferring everything when I get home. I don't want to have to do that. If the mod really improves the Zs camera I'll pick it up for sure.

Bankz111

Jun 16, 2016
Visit site
Sweet lord, Man this is crazy! Dope stuff.. From the looks of things I think lenovo might release just 2 mods. How I just wish that they'll be more Mods from 3rd party manufacturers and even new ones like the onecompute, smartcast mod

Anyway this is awesome as it is already, so can't complain.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kemberley1