Guessing game: How long until Nougat reaches the Moto Z / Z Force?

When do you think the Moto Z will receive the Nougat update?

• Total voters

YAYTech

Jul 18, 2012
Visit site
Android 7 Nougat is now rolling out to Nexus devices. This poll is just meant to be a fun place to guess when Nougat will reach the Moto Z / Z Force.

- Motorola / Lenovo have said that the Moto Z will receive Nougat. They have not said when. Right now, your guess is as good as mine.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
I chose January 2017. I hope security updates come out before then.

ahaynes42

May 16, 2011
Visit site
If they're as bad as they were with the "flagship" Turbo it will be June 2017. Lets hope they learned from their mistakes and we get it much sooner.

YAYTech

Jul 18, 2012
Visit site
If they're as bad as they were with the "flagship" Turbo it will be June 2017. Lets hope they learned from their mistakes and we get it much sooner.

Agreed, we're getting into a time where we should see what Lenovo is really going to be like on updates. They can somewhat lean on excuses for earlier phones that were transitional, but this is pretty much all Lenovo, so there's no legit excuses IMO. If they suck at updates now, it's simply because they don't care and/or aren't aligning the resources to make it happen.

Sam_Gs7

May 27, 2016
Visit site
:p Hey! Guys correct Me if I'm wrong, but I heard before that would be launched
by Fall of 2016,.What about that posts on AC-That some Beta testers are
ready to downloaded. Why ordinary members-Have to wait longer

YAYTech

Jul 18, 2012
Visit site
:p Hey! Guys correct Me if I'm wrong, but I heard before that would be launched
by Fall of 2016,.What about that posts on AC-That some Beta testers are
ready to downloaded. Why ordinary members-Have to wait longer

They're not going to put an update out to every user before they make sure there aren't major bugs. Many (most?) users are doing well to be able to tell you they have an Android phone, let alone know what version they're on. They're not so anxious for updates that they're going to be patient with bug fixes after the fact. Better overall for PR to delay an update a month or two and make sure it's going to work smoothly.

Now I do think they should be able to get to a point where the security updates can be rolled out more regularly. They should be able to implement a standard testing procedure for the features that make Lenovo phones unique (gestures, mods, etc) in a pretty short timeframe and roll them out, but it's clear Lenovo isn't looking to do that in the immediate future. But a major OS update takes some time to ensure it's not going to brick phones or make them maddening to use due to glitches.

Sam_Gs7

May 27, 2016
Visit site
:cool: Great statement @YAYTech: I totally agree that "Nougat version"
works flawlessly before released. Hope fix all the reported
bags Oops! make it bugs-Hehe! some 'caused
by its predecessor MM=Marshmallow

Attention: I Did Vote on the Poll but forgot to mentioned on my
1st post: I seconded the RY-Mod guess on Jan-2017: Right
now the results shown are [Nov-2016 : Jan-2017] Evenly
at 33.33% Keep us updated YAYTech - Stay Tuned!