Moto Z/Moto Z Force: What's your home screen looking like?

wirelessgal

Aug 12, 2016
Visit site
Beweather Pro, I think it's on sale for $1.99 right now. Not only do I enjoy the home screen widget, I really like how well the app is designed. Also the ability to change the default radar view.

Edit: Also, if I tap the time it opens my alarm app and tapping the weather (clouds here) opens the actual weather app. All of which can be changed by tapping on the location which opens the widget settings.

Thanks for responding. I had Beweather Pro when they used to make apps for Blackberry BBOS. Their most popular was BeBuzz. I like the nice & clean look. I just picked up the Moto Z & looking for a really good weather & clock widget is hard. I'm used to the weather & clock widget on my Samsung.

BTW, how did you get the battery percentage working? I've enabled system tuner but the battery percentage is inside the battery and it's barely visible.

Thanks for your help.

Connert

Aug 3, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for responding. I had Beweather Pro when they used to make apps for Blackberry BBOS. Their most popular was BeBuzz. I like the nice & clean look. I just picked up the Moto Z & looking for a really good weather & clock widget is hard. I'm used to the weather & clock widget on my Samsung.

BTW, how did you get the battery percentage working? I've enabled system tuner but the battery percentage is inside the battery and it's barely visible.

Thanks for your help.
Turned it on in System UI Tuner but I'm also using Nova Prime. That may be the difference, I'm not sure. Prime is one of the first things I install and can't remember if it was there before Nova. 1476014977602.jpg

wirelessgal

Aug 12, 2016
Visit site
Turned it on in System UI Tuner but I'm also using Nova Prime. That may be the difference, I'm not sure. Prime is one of the first things I install and can't remember if it was there before Nova. View attachment 241831

I bought Nova years ago but rarely used it because I've been using Samsung phones for many years now & I'm happy with their launcher. I'll try Nova and see if that makes a difference.
Thanks again for your help. :)

Connert

Aug 3, 2012
Visit site
Yeah, for me it's just not the same though. I really like the full Google Now on the GNL launcher.
I've tried both the GNL & the Pixel launcher. What is it about the Google Now screen that you find overcomes the lack of customization options?

I've really tried a couple of times to give them an honest chance. I just have a hard time letting go of all the Nova options. I always turn on infinite scroll, change the grid to 7 by 7, and set up several gestures.

MartinMPL

Oct 13, 2015
Visit site
I just like the clean look of GNL. I use Google Now a fair bit for news, sports scores etc too and like that it's just a swipe away.

I've been with Android a long time and used Nova a lot over the years and it feels to me that it hasn't aged well. I really don't like the pop up menu that appears every time an icon is pressed for example.

I am a Nova Prime buyer so sometimes I go back to it to have a look but it doesn't give the benefits that I used to enjoy out of it especially when I used to use it to get stock look on a none stock device and to hide unwanted apps from the app drawer. Icon spacing doesn't bother me in GNL (I see you use 7x7 which personally I find too cluttered for example) and I also hate most of the showy screen transitions so they don't get switched on. I rarely use full icon packs because I have never found one that seems to be consistent enough and has everything, making the home screen look a mess at times.

MartinMPL

Oct 13, 2015
Visit site
I just like the clean look of GNL. I use Google Now a fair bit for news, sports scores etc too and like that it's just a swipe away.

I've been with Android a long time and used Nova a lot over the years and it feels to me that it hasn't aged well. I really don't like the pop up menu that appears every time an icon is pressed for example.

I am a Nova Prime buyer so sometimes I go back to it to have a look but it doesn't give the benefits that I used to enjoy out of it especially when I used to use it to get stock look on a none stock device and to hide unwanted apps from the app drawer. Icon spacing doesn't bother me in GNL (I see you use 7x7 which personally I find too cluttered for example) and I also hate most of the showy screen transitions so they don't get switched on. I rarely use full icon packs because I have never found one that seems to be consistent enough and has everything, making the home screen look a mess at times.

Connert

Aug 3, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for the answer, which Btw highlights the reason I enjoy Android so much. We can all have our devices set up the way we like them.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
livinlavidaloca