HELP! Wifi Authentication Error?

servals

Sep 28, 2016
Visit site
Hello. I recently got a Moto Z and I'm having issues with the wifi verification even thought the password is correct.
I've found the solution of using the WPS push button, BUT, it randomly disconnects, and I keep having to go back and re-push the button. is there a way to fix this? it's not a huge issue since using the button works for a while, but it's very annoying...

doogald

Trusted Member
Jan 3, 2010
Visit site
Forgive me for asking, but I ask this question to everybody with weird problems like this. Do you happen to have the app "Gas Buddy" installed? If yes, does uninstalling it and restarting the phone fix the problem?

(If it's not Gas Buddy, I suspect it's another app. You can see if the same thing happens when you restart the phone in safe mode. See https://motorola-global-portal.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/69361 )

servals

Sep 28, 2016
Visit site
@doogald
I do not have Gas Buddy installed, unless it's a pre-installed app that isn't listed in the list of apps.
this issue occurred as soon as I got the phone home and started trying to use wifi, so at that point, I had no apps that weren't built in.
it's REALLY annoying to have to keep going and doing the WPS button, is there anything else that could be causing the issue? it isn't my router because other devices are working just fine and the internet works fine once I use the WPS push button. but I'd like to be able to connect without having to do that. any other suggestions?

doogald

Trusted Member
Jan 3, 2010
Visit site
how do I check what the router is?

Make and model number? (Linksys? Netgear? Apple? D-Link? Just the stupid thing that Comcast/your cable company gives you?)

Look at the bottom/back to see what it says on the label. There should be a brand and model name and number.

travaz

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site
I have a Google ON Hub( sweet router ) and mine did that to me the other night but a cache wipe cured it and have not had that problem since .

servals

Sep 28, 2016
Visit site
Make and model number? (Linksys? Netgear? Apple? D-Link? Just the stupid thing that Comcast/your cable company gives you?)

Look at the bottom/back to see what it says on the label. There should be a brand and model name and number.

we have two. I don't know why but it has something to do with suddenlink
we have a cisco linksys ea3500 and an arris tm822
the linksys is the one that I push the wps button on

doogald

Trusted Member
Jan 3, 2010
Visit site
Sorry, I meant to get back to this sooner...

I have a Google ON Hub( sweet router ) and mine did that to me the other night but a cache wipe cured it and have not had that problem since .

This is worth a try. Instructions: https://motorola-global-portal.cust...prod_answer_detail/a_id/111879/p/30,6720,9834

Hopefully, that helps.

Another thing to try if the cache wipe doesn't help - go into WiFi settings and long-press the name of your WiFi network(s) that you want to use and choose "forget network". Turn off and restart WiFi and try to reconnect.

we have two. I don't know why but it has something to do with suddenlink
we have a cisco linksys ea3500 and an arris tm822
the linksys is the one that I push the wps button on

If those still don't help, try installing this app from the Play Store: https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...s?id=com.farproc.wifi.analyzer&token=eQLPsHzN

Run the app and take a screenshot and post it back here. Let's see what things look like where you are...