Moto Z -- Signal Strength AT&T

Gdwheel

Nov 22, 2009
Visit site
Anyone have any feedback on the signal on the unlocked Moto Z on AT&T? Moto phones have historically had good reception/signal. My experience with the Z is that it does not have very good signal strength. In fact, it has dropped from LTE to H+ when none of the other phones I have had ever drop to H+. It has occurred inside buildings on two occasions. I really like the phone, but have to be able to rely on it for signal/reception. It also does not have the usual preference setting for checking LTE over 3G, which certainly could help. Any help? I doubt Moto/Lenovo will do anything to fix it.

captainkirkw

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
That is disappointing to hear as I was thinking about getting a Z. I have never had any issues with my three gen's of Moto X's so maybe it is just your specific phone. I would look into a replacement and see if you get better results.

Gdwheel

Nov 22, 2009
Visit site
I tried two of them with the same results. I think Moto could fix the problem with a software update to have it lock onto LTE and hold it better.

ah42

Aug 10, 2016
Visit site
My signal is definitely weaker on my Z than my Droid Turbo. On the battery stats page, I see a lot of yellow where I didn't on the Turbo.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
faret