Is Nougat available yet for Unlocked GSM version of Z?

Gdwheel

Nov 22, 2009
Visit site
It is not out yet for the unlocked Z. People over at XDA have tried flashing some other versions, but it looks like there are some problems. I would wait.

Dconn1975

Banned
Aug 19, 2016
Visit site
It is not out yet for the unlocked Z. People over at XDA have tried flashing some other versions, but it looks like there are some problems. I would wait.
Hey man. Thanks for the advice. You would think a phone on the top end for Moto like the Z would have at least gotten 7.0. They are way behind it seems. I sold my Nexus 6p to grab this one and I hope I didn't just make a mistake. I owned the Z Force for a while and loved it. Left Verizon so I let it go. The Z so far has been good but it just seemed that the Z Force was a better overall device. I hope I'm wrong and its more just how dang thin the Z is. I thought $499 was a good deal but I'm wondering now if $499 should have been the Z model price all along. Hmm.

torbach1

Oct 9, 2014
Visit site
It should be soon. I have the Moto Z on Telus, and according to their update page, Nougat drops Monday. I can't wait.

Thanks. Good to know that a GSM carrier has this update coming out. That means they'll have the update on both Verizon and at least one GSM network. So the unlocked GSM version theoretically shouldn't be far off. All the Motorola website says on the subject is that they are working with their partners and resellers on this.

Dconn1975

Banned
Aug 19, 2016
Visit site
Do you like the Z better than the Z Force?
Not at all. The Force is definitely superior or at least felt and appeared to be. That could also be bc it wasn't paper thin. The Z feels cheaper and then you add the absolute terrible battery and less camera. Yeah the Z Force I remember liking it much more. At the moment I'm thinking of sending my Z back and getting another Honor 8 in a 64g. Not sure yet. The Z performance seems to be on par with the Force but even with the battery mod I'm draining battery fast. Which means I'm stuck keeping the battery mod on at all times. Loose the fun of the mods. I've been thought about getting the Z Play instead but I just don't know yet.

1901Madison

Jun 21, 2013
Visit site
Not at all. The Force is definitely superior or at least felt and appeared to be. That could also be bc it wasn't paper thin. The Z feels cheaper and then you add the absolute terrible battery and less camera. Yeah the Z Force I remember liking it much more. At the moment I'm thinking of sending my Z back and getting another Honor 8 in a 64g. Not sure yet. The Z performance seems to be on par with the Force but even with the battery mod I'm draining battery fast. Which means I'm stuck keeping the battery mod on at all times. Loose the fun of the mods. I've been thought about getting the Z Play instead but I just don't know yet.

Z Play battery is EPIC.