sell it to me

mabr82

Jul 17, 2012
Visit site
After being priced out of the Pixel :-( I'm looking for an upgrade.

That battery life looks insane. Is it in real life use?

By review it looks a solid device. OIS missing, which is the biggest downside to me.

I also question the shelf life of the mods. Moto will more than likely change the design on their next release rendering the mods useless at upgrade time (granted the add value to resale).

Any advice on the device is welcomed.

Go Liath

Sep 29, 2016
Visit site
Camera is meh but serviceable.

Battery life: up the ***. just savage.

Design: glass back, aluminium edges, I like it

Screen: Very good

Sound: Decent-good

Connectivity: Everything on board

Fingerprintscanner: I would dare say one of the top 3 fastest in the market right now

Performance: Neato

Software: Neato, moto gestures can be useful

1901Madison

Jun 21, 2013
Visit site
After being priced out of the Pixel :-( I'm looking for an upgrade.

That battery life looks insane. Is it in real life use?

By review it looks a solid device. OIS missing, which is the biggest downside to me.

I also question the shelf life of the mods. Moto will more than likely change the design on their next release rendering the mods useless at upgrade time (granted the add value to resale).

Any advice on the device is welcomed.

Not sure what your criterion are when picking a phone, but if you value battery life, the Z Play is second to none. And it's light years ahead of second place.

huungryshark

Jan 14, 2014
Visit site
it does NOT have everything on board in terms of connectivity

it's lacking Miracast / Intel Wireless Display !

Don't believe their manuals, it's NOT there, and confirmed by moto global.

TJH132

May 5, 2010
Visit site
I came from two generations of Moto X and wanted the suite of Moto enhancements over the "features" of Google Assistant in the Pixels (and the price IS too high). The design is a bit appalling to me -- I marvel at the non-existent bezels of gen1 and gen2 Moto X -- but it's a matter of form following function. And Moto is going all out on the Moto Mod idea. I believe I read that the Mods are "planned" to be forward compatible, which indicated this will be the footprint going forward.

Anyway, don't get it for the Mods. Get it for the excellent screen, fast fingerprint scanner, Moto software suite and outstanding battery!

seaham358

Feb 28, 2012
Visit site
Like everyone else says... The battery is a BEAST.. I'm getting 2 days with Mod use.. This am I had 27% left with 2 days 6 hrs use, my SOT was low... I did not use it for much but calls. Prior I was still getting 2 days with 6hrs SOT. Came from Gal S6 and the Play blows the S6 away with battery life. I like the near stock android OS, but have now added Nova launcher and it works great.
I LOVE the camera on the Gal S6, the camera on the Play is not the best but does well. I am willing to trade off a great camera for the outstanding battery of the Play. All apps open very fast and there is no lag time. I was comparing the Force and play at the Verizon store and the play opened 95% of the apps as fast as the Force. After owing many smart phones the Moto Play is my favorite one. I just have to have a phone with great battery life because I am not always able to be near a charger while working outdoors. Google Moto Z play there are a bunch of good reviews on line and youtube. And for $408 this phone cant be beat by anything and have the same battery life. And like others have said Lenovo/Motorola are saying the Moto mods are going to be around for awhile and on future phones. I have no mods at this time and if I was to get any it would be a battery mod.

Go Liath

Sep 29, 2016
Visit site
it does NOT have everything on board in terms of connectivity

it's lacking Miracast / Intel Wireless Display !

Don't believe their manuals, it's NOT there, and confirmed by moto global.

Or well, most things then. Didn't know what those were tbh. I still like this phone an awful lot

Soundtallica

Dec 4, 2015
Visit site
Everybody talks about the Z Play's battery life, but an overlooked pro of this phone is how cool it runs. Even playing Minecraft PE, it runs 60fps and I can't get this thing to rise above 100 degrees. As a result, battery doesn't drop much during gaming either. I know Minecraft isn't the most intensive game out there, but it's heavier than most, and that's still impressive.

Also, the camera isn't the best, but at least it's significantly better than the 21 megapixel camera in my old Turbo 2 (and the MXPE). HDR and night modes may be a bit slower, but dynamic range and low light performance are way better.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
I used it for navigation while charging....it got to 109 degrees...which isn't bad but isn't great either. In normal usage though,it does run cool