Are you experiencing the low / quiet notification sound issue happening on the Z Force?

YAYTech

Jul 18, 2012
Visit site
I have the Z Force. Notifications are loud enough to hear them in a somewhat quiet room, but if you're in a noisy environment, they'd be easy to miss. A number of people have complained about this. It might be possible to change notification sounds to louder ones using Zedge or similar app, but they could definitely stand to up the max system sounds volume.

seaham358

Feb 28, 2012
Visit site
yes.. had the issues until I used the temp fix they have posted. Been working after the fix. I do not use Bluetooth so it has not return

justpastfinish

Oct 16, 2009
Visit site
Ya. I heard that it is somehow screwing with the escalating ringer and applying that to all sounds. Videos play fine. I can't for the life of me hear my texts!!!

seaham358

Feb 28, 2012
Visit site
temp fix I used was go to app drawer.. then click on device help... then fix...then hardware test.. then speakers.. begin test.. after first test click no did not hear sound then run again and it should be fixed..

benjamminh

Apr 12, 2012
Visit site
^Until you turn it off or reboot then you have to do the fix again. Moto needs to push a fix for this. It's one of the few issues with the Z line.

wdillma1

Feb 5, 2015
Visit site
Used the "Device Help" Fix and it solved the volume issue. However, I could no longer use "OK Google" nor could I answer incoming calls! Rebooted the phone (not factory reboot), and the low volume returned, but I can no use OK Google and can answer incoming calls. Looks like I will have to stay with low volume until a fix comes out.

captainm27

Oct 16, 2014
Visit site
Used the "Device Help" Fix and it solved the volume issue. However, I could no longer use "OK Google" nor could I answer incoming calls! Rebooted the phone (not factory reboot), and the low volume returned, but I can no use OK Google and can answer incoming calls. Looks like I will have to stay with low volume until a fix comes out.

I bought my Z Play last week. I have been getting that nagging full screen notification to update. I have to keep closing it a million times a day. Still on July Security update, but darn it, I have no problems with sounds.

Its interesting. The pop up will come on like brutally during the day hours, but in the evenings, I can go almost all night without that pesky notification.

Melcw

Nov 11, 2016
Visit site
What was the work around, I can't seem to find the posted temporary fix and I cannot hear my phone at all unless it's right in my face.

wdillma1

Feb 5, 2015
Visit site
Open the app Device Help. Click on the fix tab. Under hardware choose speakers. If it doesn't improve the first time run it again. This should improve sound.

wdillma1

Feb 5, 2015
Visit site
I didn't check my Bluetooth after doing it, but my OK Google didn't work and for some reason I couldn't answer incoming phone calls. Rebooted the phone and it corrected those issues. The sound went back to being lower, but not as low as it had originally been.

Poppy59

Feb 18, 2016
Visit site
I didn't check my Bluetooth after doing it, but my OK Google didn't work and for some reason I couldn't answer incoming phone calls. Rebooted the phone and it corrected those issues. The sound went back to being lower, but not as low as it had originally been.
Welcome to the club 😕

captainm27

Oct 16, 2014
Visit site
If anyone is still lucky enough to be on the July Security Patch, you can disable the update service by going into APPS, and then locating Motorola Update Service, and Force Stop this app. No more nagging until your next reboot. But you can repeat the process.

All my sounds are Super Loud! Will not update my phone until an official fix comes out.

huungryshark

Jan 14, 2014
Visit site
If anyone is still lucky enough to be on the July Security Patch, you can disable the update service by going into APPS, and then locating Motorola Update Service, and Force Stop this app. No more nagging until your next reboot. But you can repeat the process.

All my sounds are Super Loud! Will not update my phone until an official fix comes out.

I am lucky still on July Patch.

When i go to motorola uodateservices and force to stopp there is a warning and when I click "OK" nothing happens?

Is it stopped until reboot?

nickname303

Dec 25, 2014
Visit site
I think it's safe to assume that Motorola is not going to be fixing this issue before the Nougat update, which will hopefully get rid of the problem. The thing that worries me though, is that there will inevitably be new bugs in the Nougat release too. So will any of those new bugs ever be patched in the future? If Motorola is willing to leave customers with a major flaw on their phones for months on end, who knows if they will ever be bothered to fix any other issues that arise with the Nougat update. It's a poor show from Motorola. They produce a really good Moto Z phone and let it get dragged down by rubbish support/updates