Huge Fingerprint security flaw?

AllenRulz

Jan 4, 2011
Visit site
So I saw this on the Lenovo forums and figured I would ask you all here. Has anyone noticed this flaw?

ca7a148721c1788fd122d54a4570b9db.jpg

YAYTech

Jul 18, 2012
Visit site
Just tried it. If the phone is locked and you do this, the swiping up just reveals whatever other unlock method is set up (pattern unlock in my case). If the phone is in a trusted area or connected to a trusted device, swiping up at that point does open the phone without unlock, but that would always be the case. I'm not seeing an issue, but perhaps there's a specific set of circumstances that are the problem? But not being able to replicate the issue, I remain skeptical that this is an issue. I might try setting up a PIN lock instead of the pattern to see if I can replicate. (This is also on my Z Force, not Z Play, so there's a chance that's part of the issue.)

AllenRulz

Jan 4, 2011
Visit site
Just tried it. If the phone is locked and you do this, the swiping up just reveals whatever other unlock method is set up (pattern unlock in my case). If the phone is in a trusted area or connected to a trusted device, swiping up at that point does open the phone without unlock, but that would always be the case. I'm not seeing an issue, but perhaps there's a specific set of circumstances that are the problem? But not being able to replicate the issue, I remain skeptical that this is an issue. I might try setting up a PIN lock instead of the pattern to see if I can replicate. (This is also on my Z Force, not Z Play, so there's a chance that's part of the issue.)
Well that's good to know for the most part. My Z Play will be here in a couple days so i definitely will be trying this. Hopefully it's not an issue and it's just because his was in a trusted zone type of deal.

AllenRulz

Jan 4, 2011
Visit site
***UPDATE***

He found that his On body detection is set to ON which left the security off so pretty much the trusted zone type deal. Thank you again everyone for the help and such. Glad to know that there isn't a flaw in security.