Moto Z Play vs Nexus 6P

dyastrab

Jul 7, 2010
Visit site
I was a die hard Moto X (OG) owner until I purchased the Nexus 6P since last January. The 6P is a great phone. My only issues with it is battery life and size. The battery decent but will barely make it through the day with moderate use. It's also very hard to use one handed.

I've read that the Moto Z Play has great battery life but a lot of reviews talk down the processor and screen. Are they really an issue? I do some moderate gaming on the phone and occasionally read a book using the kindle app. Other then on some of the official reviews, no one seems to finding performance or display to be problematic. Are there any issues?

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
I was a die hard Moto X (OG) owner until I purchased the Nexus 6P since last January. The 6P is a great phone. My only issues with it is battery life and size. The battery decent but will barely make it through the day with moderate use. It's also very hard to use one handed.

I've read that the Moto Z Play has great battery life but a lot of reviews talk down the processor and screen. Are they really an issue? I do some moderate gaming on the phone and occasionally read a book using the kindle app. Other then on some of the official reviews, no one seems to finding performance or display to be problematic. Are there any issues?

What games do you play?

Also - I feel like I have to put this in every Pixel/Nexus vs. thread: if you care about OS and/or security updates: Pixel/Nexus is the only option.

dyastrab

Jul 7, 2010
Visit site
What games do you play?

Also - I feel like I have to put this in every Pixel/Nexus vs. thread: if you care about OS and/or security updates: Pixel/Nexus is the only option.

I play Star Wars Commander, Star Trek Timelines, Injustice Gods Among Us, and Riptide (yes - I am a geek).

I'm not as concerned about the updates. I already have Nougat on my 6P. It's good. But if I have to choose between what Moto offers with Moto Display and its other add-ons vs what Nougat brings, I'd go with the Moto.