Nougat please...

On2Vegas

Jun 11, 2010
Visit site
Oh great. Just purchased a Moto Z Play Droid. What's the notification bug?

For some users the sound for any notifications can be very low and hard to hear at times. Doesn't impact all units though. For instance my Play Droid doesn't have this issue.

Last edited:

svknet

Oct 5, 2016
Visit site
I am wondering whether Z Play would get Nougat update in Jan 2017 or not.
Moto Z and G4 Plus are getting 7.0 update, then why Z Play is being left out for so long!?

I had asked Moto (India) support on Twitter about Nougat release date for Z Play 2-3 weeks back. But they replied (rather rudely) that- we don't provide release dates, when update would be available, it would be pushed to devices.

On2Vegas

Jun 11, 2010
Visit site
Moto Z and G4 Plus are getting 7.0 update, then why Z Play is being left out for so long!?

I had asked Moto (India) support on Twitter about Nougat release date for Z Play 2-3 weeks back. But they replied (rather rudely) that- we don't provide release dates, when update would be available, it would be pushed to devices.

The Z Play isn't being left out or ignored. Motorola already stated they will be updating it to 7.x. Keep in mind the Z Play came out almost two months after both of those phones. The Z & Z Force are their flagships and the G series has been their best seller, so it would make sense for them to get it first.

From past experience, I'm in no real rush to get the update. My Moto X was working just fine and then got Lollipop fairly early. That update seriously impacted my battery life and was never the same. For me personally, let them address whatever inevitable bugs show up and then send it my way. ;)

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site

Historically, Motorola doesn't give release dates.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MickTavia