Look like the moto z play will be dethroned as battery king

soma4society

Oct 2, 2011
Visit site
5000 mAh is hefty thats for sure.

I wonder how much software optimization plays into longevity. The Moto skin is about as light as they come, which has to help to some degree.

Interestingly review says the battery "strives to last two days." Well from everything I've heard the Play Z already does that *without* a battery mod.

streetkilln

Apr 20, 2012
Visit site
5000 mAh is hefty thats for sure.

I wonder how much software optimization plays into longevity. The Moto skin is about as light as they come, which has to help to some degree.

Interestingly review says the battery "strives to last two days." Well from everything I've heard the Play Z already does that *without* a battery mod.

im sure itll last longer than that, as its basically the same specs as z play, just not super amoled. just amoled.

anon(1733)

Oct 14, 2009
Visit site
It nice seeing phones getting better with their battery life. I must say though that the Moto Z play is by far the best phone in terms of battery life I have ever had. I am truly amazed how much battery life I get out of this device.

Any improvements other manufacturers do to cause improvements is welcomed. It drives innovation.

xeene

Dec 17, 2011
Visit site
I went 4 days during Detroit power outage last week without recharge using battery mod and got about 13 hours of screen time combined over those days. Don't think any phone in the world can compare.

Stwutter

Aug 13, 2014
Visit site
I'm happy with my Z-Play, so won't be changing anytime soon, but the only disadvantage of the MOD over, say, and actual 5000mah+ battery, is that it's no where near as efficient - at least not in my experience. With my normal usage, the Incipio MOD I use drains at about 5-7%ph, whereas the built in unit is 3-4%.

Still, since using the MOD, I've yet to go to bed with my battery below 80% with the MOD on efficiency mode, so still fantastic.

tex0322

Feb 2, 2014
Visit site
I'm actually liking my Z Play with the incipio battery mod. This phone feels solid as a brick. I always felt like i was going to break my Samsung S7.

soma4society

Oct 2, 2011
Visit site
I'm afraid to update to 7.0.

I was off the charger for 22 hours. I had 34% left in the tank with 10 hours of screen on time. Remarkable

Attachments

• 239.jpg
    239.jpg
    28.3 KB · Views: 20

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
be1digital