New Z Play for me!

312MotoGus

Aug 17, 2015
Visit site
Hey fellow Moto fans,

I just ordered an unlocked Z Play from Motorola. Motorola sent me a 10% off code after I kept putting it in the cart. I'm running a Moto X Pure Edition right now, and it's been great except for the battery life.

Looking forward to my new Z Play and its huge battery life, and the Mods of course.

Cheers!

-Gus

Last edited:

soma4society

Oct 2, 2011
Visit site
Hey fellow Moto fans,

I just ordered an unlocked Z Play from Motorola. Motorola sent me a 10% off code after I kept putting it in the cart. I'm running a Moto X Pure Edition right now, and it's been great except for the battery life.

Looking forward to my new Z Play and its huge battery life, and the Mods of course.

Cheers!

-Gus

Hope you received it and are enjoying it!!!!!

312MotoGus

Aug 17, 2015
Visit site
Thanks all. It's supposed to arrive on Monday 4/3.

I am indeed on AT&T, and I will let you know how it works for me. So excited!

Sailindawg

May 10, 2012
Visit site
Glad to hear. Let me know how you're doing a month from now. I had LTE initially for about 3 weeks til AT&T degraded my signal because they considered an unknown device. After 5 months of going back & forth, I hot swapped my son from last phone to the MZP & I now have LTE data again.

Very smooth phone when all is working. The incipio battery mod is quite sweet.

EDIT: It's been about a week since I posted, but I'm back to H+ service. I lost LTE service again a reboot. Hot swapping the simple isn't bringing back the service.

Last edited:

312MotoGus

Aug 17, 2015
Visit site
How are you liking your Z Play after a month with it? :)

Short answer: it rules.

Long answer: it's like butter, baby! It's great- Moto Mods are my life now. Not really, but the Moto Mods system is well done and fun to play with. The phone is fast and smooth. The camera is ok, not great but gets the job done. The screen is vivid indoors, but even in my car on a sunny day, it's not quite bright enough. Build quality is fantastic, it feels like a single piece.

And the battery life? Oh man. I find myself running out of day before battery. Routinely getting 7+ hours of SOT. A couple times got over 10. Going to bed with 30% battery. Just went almost 30 hours without charging.

I'm getting the Incipio car dock for my b-day this week. Looking forward to more Mods.

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
Short answer: it rules.

Long answer: it's like butter, baby! It's great- Moto Mods are my life now. Not really, but the Moto Mods system is well done and fun to play with. The phone is fast and smooth. The camera is ok, not great but gets the job done. The screen is vivid indoors, but even in my car on a sunny day, it's not quite bright enough. Build quality is fantastic, it feels like a single piece.

And the battery life? Oh man. I find myself running out of day before battery. Routinely getting 7+ hours of SOT. A couple times got over 10. Going to bed with 30% battery. Just went almost 30 hours without charging.

I'm getting the Incipio car dock for my b-day this week. Looking forward to more Mods.

Amazing! Thank you for answering my question and for your review!

Dumb question I'm sure, but does the Z Play have an LED light? I forget. I'm really impressed with the battery life and your SOT. I'm thinking the Moto Z Play's next iteration may be my next phone. How is the speaker quality? Camera is cool - as long as it gets the job done, I'm okay with whatever haha.

dby2011

Aug 25, 2014
Visit site
If they improve the camera and double the memory to 64 I am definitely getting a Moto Z Play 2 this year. It's a fantastic phone. Only issue is if they will keep routinely updating the phone which is always a concern with Moto devices.

xeene

Dec 17, 2011
Visit site
They did improve the camera on z2 play, it comes with Sony camera from g5 plus/s7 edge which was rated best in class. Memory I'm not sure about but micro sd solves that problem.

dby2011

Aug 25, 2014
Visit site
They did improve the camera on z2 play, it comes with Sony camera from g5 plus/s7 edge which was rated best in class. Memory I'm not sure about but micro sd solves that problem.
How do you know this? They have not officially announced the specs for the next gen Z Play.

312MotoGus

Aug 17, 2015
Visit site
If they improve the camera and double the memory to 64 I am definitely getting a Moto Z Play 2 this year.

Forgot to mention that as a down side, the 32GB max memory. I was spoiled with my MXPE's 65GB of space. It didn't care what I threw on there. Have to be more careful with the ZPlay.

soma4society

Oct 2, 2011
Visit site
Forgot to mention that as a down side, the 32GB max memory. I was spoiled with my MXPE's 65GB of space. It didn't care what I threw on there. Have to be more careful with the ZPlay.

Or buy a 64 gb memory card (they're pretty cheap these days) and use it as adoptable storage. Problem solved😬

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillyC