How many of you still use the Battery Mod with the Z Play?

Dconn1975

Banned
Aug 19, 2016
Visit site
So I thought I had the JBL speaker still but I was wrong. I had the Tumi Battery mod left. So I've been using it but with this phone it's really not even needed. Anyone else still use one even with this massive battery the Z Play has? I guess in theory once I charge the mod all the way up I could go quite a while before I ever needed to think about charging. Just curious of what you guys use?

1901Madison

Jun 21, 2013
Visit site
So I thought I had the JBL speaker still but I was wrong. I had the Tumi Battery mod left. So I've been using it but with this phone it's really not even needed. Anyone else still use one even with this massive battery the Z Play has? I guess in theory once I charge the mod all the way up I could go quite a while before I ever needed to think about charging. Just curious of what you guys use?

This would be total overkill! My Z Play lasts about 2.5-3 full days with my usage. The mod would give me another day, but it's completely unnecessary.

mobrules

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
I have the battery mod but dont need to use it. The battery is a monster. The only time I actually use the battery mod is if I am using my Z Force.

Last edited:

soma4society

Oct 2, 2011
Visit site
I feel like the best use of the battery mods would be during a vacation, when we're often less likely to be around an outlet. That's the only reason I'm going to get the new Moto-branded power pack mod when it launches this summer. Cause I can't kill the stock battery in a day as it is....even when I try lol 🤣

Dconn1975

Banned
Aug 19, 2016
Visit site
Ugh I wish I had kept my JBL speaker instead of my battery now. I thought that was the case until I got the box out and realized it was the battery. Oh well. I guess I have when I will be out all day and all night and never need to worry about a charge. That is a luxury for sure.

Dec 20, 2015
Visit site
Got Battery and JBL Mods. Love them both. Party to music at beach via Bluetooth all day, navigate 75 miles, stream two hours of YouTube, FB with battery Mod. Still have 80% left today after 14 hours. Magic, I say.

Dconn1975

Banned
Aug 19, 2016
Visit site
Got Battery and JBL Mods. Love them both. Party to music at beach via Bluetooth all day, navigate 75 miles, stream two hours of YouTube, FB with battery Mod. Still have 80% left today after 14 hours. Magic, I say.
That's impressive for sure! Seems like my battery never moved down. I've hardly even connected to a charger since out of the box. I've used my battery mod some but once I charged it all the way up to 100 percent I took it off and just going to save if I need it. I might be changing jobs and if so it maybe quite different than me being self employed so I might go 8 to 12 hours straight between a charge. I'm guessing the regular battery on the Z would handle that but I know using my battery mod I'll be good to go for even much longer than that. Plus the battery does add some weight compared to this nylon ballistic shell back I have on it now. That is great to hear though you get that type of massive usage without a charge. Makes me glad I went ahead and purchased my Z now!! Its been glued to my hands since yesterday when I got it. Its a dang good device. Performance is just fine too. No different than my honor 8 was. So no complaints there either. Now I just need to buy another JBL speaker mod!

xeene

Dec 17, 2011
Visit site
I use it daily. My work day starts at 6am and I put my phone back on charger around 11pm-midnight. By the time I get home from work and remove my battery pack, it is empty and my phone is in the 90s. At the end of the day my phone is in the 50s. I'm a heavy user and with out the pack my phone wouldn't last me full day.

Dconn1975

Banned
Aug 19, 2016
Visit site
I use it daily. My work day starts at 6am and I put my phone back on charger around 11pm-midnight. By the time I get home from work and remove my battery pack, it is empty and my phone is in the 90s. At the end of the day my phone is in the 50s. I'm a heavy user and with out the pack my phone wouldn't last me full day.

So you start out without the mod and then once it reaches about 50 percent then you throw the battery on?

xeene

Dec 17, 2011
Visit site
I start with mod attached and let it drain through out the work day. Afterwards I use phone's main battery.

Dconn1975

Banned
Aug 19, 2016
Visit site
Oh I see. Not a bad idea. How long of usage do you normally get with the battery mod? I've yet to test that out. It does seem though it drains it fast. Do you keep yours on efficient mode or the full mode?

xeene

Dec 17, 2011
Visit site
Full mode always. Battery mod gets me through about 7-8 hours of day. Worst case scenario was when we lost power in Detroit in March of this year for 4 days. I had to ration my usage but did make it through without phone dying.

Dconn1975

Banned
Aug 19, 2016
Visit site
Full mode always. Battery mod gets me through about 7-8 hours of day. Worst case scenario was when we lost power in Detroit in March of this year for 4 days. I had to ration my usage but did make it through without phone dying.
That's impressive!! 4 days! Wow!! I'm liking this phone more and more reading posts like that and I'm sorry btw about your power being out that long. Makes me think of years ago when we went through hurricane Katrina here in Mississippi and my power was out almost two weeks! It was miserable.

CF-105

Oct 7, 2013
Visit site
I use mine every day. Best I got was taking it off of full charge 8 AM one day, running 13 hours of screen time, finally going dead 11:30 on the next day. Damn impressive.

ElronTheElder

Jan 7, 2015
Visit site
What they said. ^^
Sent my battery mod back.
On other hand sent JBL mod back and now buying one used.
Going to squeeze some beach-time in. Weather permitting.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Agentirish