Moto Z Play Battery Life

Wobblin30

May 20, 2011
Visit site
I just got it a few days ago and put in Airplane mode, sleep mode, Wifi on and overnight uses 4%. Says Google services used most of it. Shouldn't the Google services go to sleep? Any setting to disable/sleep Google services?

What do you have syncing for Google services? Is your phone using Doze?

pbike908

Mar 16, 2015
Visit site
Sure would be nice but had Moto put at least the Force camera in the Play, no one would buy the Force much less the Z.

At this point, it's hard to fathom that Moto is going to sell many phones at the same price point as the Samsung Galaxy, Iphone, and Google if the New Pixel is indeed priced at the premium which is the rumor.

a 5 or 5.2" phone (yes smaller than the X Play, , perhaps the size of the original Droid Turbo), with a 625 processor, a little thicker to accommodate a bigger battery, and a DECENT CAMERA, perhaps not flagship caliber), with SD card memory expansion for about $500 would be a MONSTER SELLER. Survey after survey says the think folks want the most is battery life and camera.

Yet manufacturers are always bringing out Quad Pixel displays, with high end processors to support 3d modeling which hardly anyone does on a phone, and phones that are too big to put an average size mans (or womans) pocket.

The 4.7" Iphone is a monster seller. The best selling Droid that Verizon came out was probably the original Droid Turbo (way better ratings than the DT2 and CHEAPER even at release).

Hello??? Anyone listening (meaning manufacturers)

lgbalfa

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
how does this phone compare with the droid turbo (xt1254) with battery life?

the droid turbo has a bigger battery (3900 MAH vs 3510 MAH).

wckesq

Sep 5, 2010
Visit site
I don't even bother plugging mine in at night. Use Android Auto in the car and it charges enough during commuting and other driving to keep it charged enough for me.

Soundtallica

Dec 4, 2015
Visit site
Got my Z Play today at 11AM and have been playing with it all day. I'm still at 58% and have 4hrs 45min screen on time. My old Turbo 2 would be screaming for a charger after this much use. Absolutely insane. This thing's battery life is all it's cracked up to be!

Go Liath

Sep 29, 2016
Visit site
Yep, absolute monster battery. Too bad folks are caught up in the latest flagships. Never paying attention to true winner phones like these and buying slightly upgraded iPhones each year. Even reviewers go in on the hype of flagships.

kansasandroid1

Jul 30, 2013
Visit site
Just got the phone yesterday and today is the first day of me using it, and all I can say is wow.

Never have I ever had a phone come this close to this battery life. I'm at 4 hours of screen on time and still have 60% of my battery left.

lgbalfa

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
no doubt this phone has the best battery life in the world.

i thought it was the droid turbo xt1254 until i started using this phone!

Go Liath

Sep 29, 2016
Visit site
Good god man, 4 games of Hearthstone on wifi and it barely uses 2-3%. This thing is impossible to kill. I have the battery mod and I will never have to worry about forgetting to bring a charger. Never again.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
so MAH is actually misleading for a cell phone it seems?
Think of battery capacity like the fuel tank in a car. With the same fuel tank size, a car getting 50mpg is going to get significantly better battery life than a 30mpg car. Even if the 30mpg car had a 10% larger fuel tank, then significantly lower fuel economy would still make it last less than the 50mpg car

Go Liath

Sep 29, 2016
Visit site
With the battery mod on I have been intentionally using the phone all day intensively, it's just disgusting how long it lasts, right now it might as well be staring me in the eyes and laugh at me for trying to drain it.

1901Madison

Jun 21, 2013
Visit site
With the battery mod on I have been intentionally using the phone all day intensively, it's just disgusting how long it lasts, right now it might as well be staring me in the eyes and laugh at me for trying to drain it.

I feel that way even without the battery mod. My Z Play without the battery mod gets the same battery life as my Z Force (work phone) with the battery mod. Just incredible.