Wifi calling on unlocked Z play?

Frenzytom

Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
I keep it on but it does ask you to put in an address for 911 since they can't track you if you are on wifi calling during an emergency

jdfry15

Trusted Member
Feb 2, 2011
Visit site
thank you.

does anyone even leave this on and if so is there really a benefit?

It benefits you if you are in really poor cell reception area. In parts of my basement I have poor reception and I've been in big office buildings with poor reception so it helps.

bambam309

Oct 28, 2016
Visit site
On the unlocked GSM version you can find wifi calling by going to "Settings" and in the search box type "wifi". Scroll down and you will see wifi calling. I'm on AT&T and I've had no luck getting it stay activated. I called tech support for help troubleshooting. The tech told me since this phone is listed as "unknown" in their database, activating wifi calling was not possible at this time. He did tell me that the information about this phone has been submitted, and sometime in the near future this option should become functional. Hope this helps.

KoukiFC3S

Oct 9, 2009
Visit site
Is there a visual indicator that wifi calling is on? I turned it on in the settings of my Verizon Play but I do not see any changes while on wifi.

NX1977

Oct 9, 2016
Visit site
On the unlocked GSM version you can find wifi calling by going to "Settings" and in the search box type "wifi". Scroll down and you will see wifi calling. I'm on AT&T and I've had no luck getting it stay activated. I called tech support for help troubleshooting. The tech told me since this phone is listed as "unknown" in their database, activating wifi calling was not possible at this time. He did tell me that the information about this phone has been submitted, and sometime in the near future this option should become functional. Hope this helps.
Just takes me to the usual networks page, without any WiFi calling options

bambam309

Oct 28, 2016
Visit site
This is the page I get.
f54071e68f14c40992a305ecc6ed1169.jpg