Fingerprint Sensor Screen Off Prevents Use of App Lockers?

theragtopman

Jun 4, 2011
Visit site
Hello - I'm interested in purchasing a Moto Z Play and have been reading many posts here and gathering lots of great info - thank you! I also just read Daniel Bader's review here on AC and in it he mentions that the fingerprint sensor turns off the screen "when logging into apps that use the fingerprint sensor itself." Does that mean that app locker apps such as AppLock will not work with the Moto Z Play? I prefer the extra security of locking some individual apps, such as banking apps or online shopping apps, and have always used AppLock with much success, but that has always been with PIN codes. I'm excited to get a new phone with a fingerprint sensor and it would be a disappointment if those apps will not work with he fingerprint sensor on the Z Play. Thanks in advance!

Soundtallica

Dec 4, 2015
Visit site
You can turn off the feature where the fingerprint sensor locks the screen if you want to.

Edit: Actually, I was mistaking another setting that I thought did this as something it wasn't. I don't know of any way to disable the fingerprint locking feature, although it isn't an issue for me since I like it.

Last edited:

Eric Xu1

Jun 4, 2016
Visit site
I use Hexlock to lock my apps. If you hold the fingerprint sensor when using Hexlock, it won't turn off. Now that's only for Hexlock. I can try other apps for you.

NX1977

Oct 9, 2016
Visit site
Might be worth contacting the developer as fingerprint sensors are now becoming standard on middle to premium handsets.

They're probably working on a solution

svknet

Oct 5, 2016
Visit site
I read same about fingerprint sensor. But I am not facing any such issues with CM Security app.
I am using CM Security to lock several apps. I use fingerprint sensor to unlock these apps. If we touch sensor for very short time (< 1 sec), app will unlock. But if we keep and hold finger on sensor, screen will get locked. After using for few days we get habituated with the feature.

YAYTech

Jul 18, 2012
Visit site
Yeah, if an app is looking for a fingerprint scan, then using the fingerprint scanner doesn't turn off the screen. It only does it if it's not looking for a fingerprint at the time. I too use the sensor for Lastpass, Walmart app, and a couple others. Don't sweat it, it works well.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DragnDon