I've got the Moto Z — you've got questions. Fire away!

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
Google Launcher.
And messenger.
And Verizon's crappy messenger.

I was under the impression from various hands-on videos that the launcher is (a variant of) the AOSP Launcher3, essentially the Google Now Launcher without Google Now.

Posted via the Android Central App on the Moto X Pure Edition

Phil Nickinson

Android Central Editor Emeritus
Apr 21, 2009
Visit site
I was under the impression from various hands-on videos that the launcher is (a variant of) the AOSP Launcher3, essentially the Google Now Launcher without Google Now.

Posted via the Android Central App on the Moto X Pure Edition

Right. That's what I meant. Pretty damn close anyway.

Phil Nickinson

Apr 21, 2009
Visit site
Question about the magnets - how strong are they against separation? Like when I'm shoving it into a tight pouch will it slide off the contacts? How about when I drop it - explode into separate pieces like an old V3M, or stay together?

Does the battery in the speaker mod work similarly to the dedicated packs as far as draining external first?

Sliding into a tight pouch? Maybe. But put it this way: I haven't had a single problem with things falling apart yet.

And yes to the speaker.

Clocks

Aug 27, 2010
Visit site
Phil, would the current Best Buy promotion make a significant difference in your ability to recommend the device? $420 Z and $520 force with free speaker vs their MSRP? Or is the "high" (i.e. normal) MSRP not a turn off for you given the overall device?

Phil Nickinson

Apr 21, 2009
Visit site
Phil, would the current Best Buy promotion make a significant difference in your ability to recommend the device? $420 Z and $520 force with free speaker vs their MSRP? Or is the "high" (i.e. normal) MSRP not a turn off for you given the overall device?

I don't really look at prices that much. But there definitely are some really good deals to be had on these things early on.

sangs

Trusted Member
May 9, 2015
Visit site
Phil, this seems like a silly question but I want to be sure - can you charge the phone while using a Moto Mod? For instance, when using the speaker or projector, is the USB-C connection to the phone - not the Mod - accessible? Thanks.

fr4nk1yn

Apr 17, 2010
Visit site
The JBL speaker is listed as "bluetooth" on BestBuy's website.
Can you confirm it's not?
-edit: Looks like other reviews have unsurprisingly answered this, It does not have bluetooth support.

Another question I don't see asked, Another review mentions the stock camera app does not have RAW support.
True? Does a different camera app, like ProShot, take RAW photos?

Last edited:

Mac58

Nov 8, 2010
Visit site
Verizon has manual available for download in pdf format. It shows being at top part of rear of phone on both left and right sides

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463