Moto Z Droid Edition Battery Life

anon(1733)

Oct 14, 2009
Visit site
My battery life is much better and I use Bluetooth all day long connected to my watch and other devices. Wifi and brightness at about 80% all day. I use my phone all day. I unplugged around 4:30 am and get home around 7:30 pm and still have around 20-30% left.

jtcannonball

Trusted Member
Jan 24, 2011
Visit site
I had over 4 hours SOT today (day 2) with it at 15% remaining. I'm impressed. My S7 and Note were not any better. So I'm happy with the Z. And with the battery pack it is one outstanding setup. Keep the battery in my work bag if I'm out and can't access a charger and have piece of mind to go all day is wonderful.

Posted via the Android Central App

jtcannonball

Trusted Member
Jan 24, 2011
Visit site
With or without battery mod?

No battery mod connected. I put the mod on at 15% and only charged back up to around 50%. So I'm thinking if you need the extra battery the mod is more efficient if used all day and it just charges in small increments.

But over 4 hours SOT with my standard Z is excellent. And I was using it quite heavily.

jln0

Aug 19, 2016
Visit site
It seems really good indeed for 2600mah + QHD screen!

What about your screen brightness?

Also, did you move a lot or did you stay at the office or at home during your test?

jtcannonball

Trusted Member
Jan 24, 2011
Visit site
I was out for the first third of the day, doing home visits, making some returns and then to a dental appointment in a town over. Then I was on wifi at home the rest of the day. But I keep my screen at about 50% since it's brighter than I need most of the time. I have the always on Moto display going, downloaded a bunch of files even on Google Play and watched a few videos and a lot of internet time.

hotshotazn

Aug 4, 2016
Visit site
People say that they chose the Z over the Z Force because its thinner but they go and slap a batter mod onto it...making it thicker.

Kind of ironic is all :)

jtcannonball

Trusted Member
Jan 24, 2011
Visit site
People say that they chose the Z over the Z Force because its thinner but they go and slap a batter mod onto it...making it thicker.

Kind of ironic is all :)

I bought the Z because it's thinner and I like the display better. I bought the battery mod because I can shove it in my backpack or carry on for an extra boost if needed. It's like the perfect reserve waiting for you.

Dean Liensdorf

Jan 13, 2016
Visit site
Good to hear everyone's experiences. I was wondering if the force display was sharp and clear and it sounds like the Z display is better even though it's not rugged. Also good to hear about experiences about battery life to. The Z is now on my short list.

YAYTech

Jul 18, 2012
Visit site
Good to hear everyone's experiences. I was wondering if the force display was sharp and clear and it sounds like the Z display is better even though it's not rugged. Also good to hear about experiences about battery life to. The Z is now on my short list.
I'm not sure most people would noticed the difference in the displays, both are very good.

jln0

Aug 19, 2016
Visit site
It seems that the force has some weird light reflections due to the shattershield screen which the regular Gorilla Glass don't.

Also the regular moto Z has 2.5D display which supposedly means better feeling in hands.

However this has nothing to do with battery life :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
be1digital