What third-party chargers are you using for TurboPower/Fast Charging on the Moto Z?

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
This charger will pop up showing Turbo charging. I have bought from them for years without any issues. It charged between 1340 mA and 2210 mA. The cable was a recommendation from Ry.

Select Series Dual Port 3A USB-C/USB-A Car Charger - Monoprice.com

https://www.amazon.com/CHOETECH-Dev...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUacUvbUpU5399525

..hm. Looks like the USB-A port is also 5V/3A (5.2V/3A). I wonder if we'll be able to get Turbo Charging with a USB-A to USB-C cable.

Also, it looks like it's 3A total so you might see some slowdown when charging another device.

mobrules

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
..hm. Looks like the USB-A port is also 5V/3A (5.2V/3A). I wonder if we'll be able to get Turbo Charging with a USB-A to USB-C cable.

Also, it looks like it's 3A total so you might see some slowdown when charging another device.

I can try it tomorrow and see.

Had to fill a honey do shopping list so decided to try it out. It dropped to 1000 when I connected my Force and Turbo plugged in but still said turbo on the Force. It only showed about 750 using USB A to USB C cable.

Decided to test it and see.
668ab74a9be7a422ba314e4f4ba2c87d.jpg

Last edited:

mobrules

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
Anyone use this? I spent 30 bucks on different cables to realize qc 2.0 or 3.0 are NOT the same as Motorolas turboCHARGER. Then I found this thread. Anyone use this car charger? What about another home charger recommendation that'll work with all these dumb type a to c cables I'm stuck with?
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0172QQNB...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUacUvbUpU5600341
Don't worry many of us did the same things. I still use whatever chargers I have around, even the original turbo charger.

No they don't charge as fast but fast enough. Not going to spend money on charging bricks to charge 30-40% faster than what a QC 2 and QC 3 brick already does.

For the car I use a couple of QC 2 chargers that are use A to C. They work just fine.

sholzer

Jun 16, 2011
Visit site
I may agree and 1500mah charging rate is ok. But because the phone is capable you always want the fastest. What did we do prequick charge lol. Or I'll spend another 15 for just that car and have that and the OEM. The rest will be good enough around the house.

Ryan Tuazon

Apr 4, 2013
Visit site
Old topic, but was searching and came across this. I purchased a "Just Wireless" brand 2 port Home charger (USB Port & USB-C port) at Target for $29.99. 17 watt/3.4 amp. Includes 6ft USB-C (That is USB-A to C). Qualcomm Quick Charge 3.0 specified. Noted on package as compatible with "Motorola" among other brands (Samsung, LG, etc.). My Moto Z2 Force indicates "TurboPower connected" and "Charging Moto Mod" (moto mod battery attached) at the same time when charging the phone with the included cable. This is to confirm that in this instance, a 3rd party USB-A to C cable/charger worked to turbo charge a Moto Z (the OEM cable also performed the same).

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
asha_kanta_sharma