First updates rolling out

YAYTech

Jul 18, 2012
Visit site
According to Droid Life, the Moto Z's first update is rolling out. Sounds like it's mainly security patches. I checked on my Zf, and it didn't see the update as available yet.

The updates are arriving as build MCL24.246-36 and weigh in at about 436MB.
As for what’s new, well, they don’t really say much other than they provide “enhancements, improvements and the latest Android security updates.” Of course, “latest” isn’t really correct in the security department since this update only provides the July security patch. Keep in mind that we are almost in September, so within days this phone will already be two months behind in patches.

http://www.droid-life.com/2016/08/29/moto-z-droid-finally-getting-first-update/

sangs

Trusted Member
May 9, 2015
Visit site
Update posted:
Software Version: MCL24.246-36

Call audio improvements
Latest Android™ security updates and bug fixes

Wonder if it fixes the speaker phone fade in? Also, Verizon just activated its LTE Advanced network in many cities yesterday. My iPhone requested a Carrier Settings Update, so this could be a similar update as well. Just guessing of course.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
gw0bQLj.png

WGicF44.png

lGlLtNy.png

X7fwyV2.png

benjamminh

Apr 12, 2012
Visit site
According to a moderator on the Moto/Lenovo forum, the fade in is intentional to protect one from the sudden increased sound. Take that fwiw.

sangs

Trusted Member
May 9, 2015
Visit site
According to a moderator on the Moto/Lenovo forum, the fade in is intentional to protect one from the sudden increased sound. Take that fwiw.

Oh, thank God. Finally something to save me from the rash of speakerphone related injuries I've suffered for the last 20-something years. ;)

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pauloxcavalcante