Which would have better battery life? Moto Z play, or Moto Z with incipio battery pack?

nickname303

Dec 25, 2014
Visit site
I'm considering buying either a Moto Z or a Moto Z Play to replace my Moto X 2014. As the title says - which would have the better battery life, a Moto Z Play or a Moto Z with the incipio battery pack? Thanks in advance for any replies

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
Based on what I've read about the Z Play, I'd say the Z Play and that the only way to get close to it would be the Z Force + Battery Mod.

benjamminh

Apr 12, 2012
Visit site
Unless you're in love with the form factor of the Z. I would go with either the Z Play for the battery life and lower price, or if you're on Verizon the Force for the better camera and Shattershield and better specs.

dmark44

Mar 2, 2012
Visit site
I've read that the Play battery life is about 20% better than the Force. Based on that, I would expect the Z + battery mod to last a little longer. You have over 1000 mAh additional juice with that set up to make up for less efficient screen and processor.

Ultimately which one to buy should come down to what you expect from performance, form factor, etc.

danielenricoras

Feb 21, 2016
Visit site
I'm considering buying either a Moto Z or a Moto Z Play to replace my Moto X 2014. As the title says - which would have the better battery life, a Moto Z Play or a Moto Z with the incipio battery pack? Thanks in advance for any replies

I have the z play dual sim. I use my phone alot. Browsing, social media, youtube etc. I have wifi, lte, google now, location on high acuracy always on. Screen brightness on auto mode at 55% on the slider, push on email, facebook alerts on.

I get between 7 and 10 hrs sot. And that is on a 37-40 hr cyclus. I have never had a phone with this battery life. I saw a lot of reviews before I bought it. Took those reviews with a pinc of salt but they are true. Battery life is taken to a new level.

Drop the battery mod, z or z force and buy this one. Use the spare money to buy a top noch headsett instead. You wont regret it.

(Please ignore if there are lots of typing errors. I am a Norwegian and english is not what I use every day. Google translate is also terrible.)
Cheers
Daniel

benjamminh

Apr 12, 2012
Visit site
I've read that the Play battery life is about 20% better than the Force. Based on that, I would expect the Z + battery mod to last a little longer. You have over 1000 mAh additional juice with that set up to make up for less efficient screen and processor.

Ultimately which one to buy should come down to what you expect from performance, form factor, etc.
What I've seen from others is that the Play for many people would give far more than 20% over the Force. My wife doesn't use her phone like I do but it's really a 2+ day phone for her.

1901Madison

Jun 21, 2013
Visit site
What I've seen from others is that the Play for many people would give far more than 20% over the Force. My wife doesn't use her phone like I do but it's really a 2+ day phone for her.

I have the Z Play and the Z Force. The way I use my phone, the Z Play gives me about 50-60% better battery life.

nickname303

Dec 25, 2014
Visit site
Thanks for your replies guys/girls. Looks like it's the Play then. I've read that the performance difference between the Z and the Z Play is virtually nothing, so with better battery, the same performance and a cheaper price it seems the Play is the way to go