Any way to force the Nougat update to use 4g?

Toebeans

Dec 8, 2016
Visit site
Hi all,

My Moto Z says there's an update available, after I checked manually. It also says it will only download over Wifi.

It is large-ish, but I have a truly unlimited data allowance (been using over 100gb a month, tethered, just fine) so I have no issue with it being pulled over my mobile connection.

Anyone know of a way to force it to do so?

(Next question, with that done I have a full battery and a full incipio powerpack, is there a way to make it install without being plugged in?)

ratsttam

May 17, 2010
Visit site
You might have to visit someplace with free wifi and download it that way (I wish there was a setting, even with huge warnings about data usage, etc... BUT I understand why they simply block it), than install it when you get home where your main charger is.

Toebeans

Dec 8, 2016
Visit site
I *could* register the device on work's network and download it that way, but that seems wrong when it's a huge chunk of data and I have my own connection.

I guess I'll have to wait until I get home later. That's going to be hours! Such hardship...

mobrules

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
Hi all,

My Moto Z says there's an update available, after I checked manually. It also says it will only download over Wifi.

It is large-ish, but I have a truly unlimited data allowance (been using over 100gb a month, tethered, just fine) so I have no issue with it being pulled over my mobile connection.

(Next question, with that done I have a full battery and a full incipio powerpack, is there a way to make it install without being plugged in?)

I sent you a PM.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
Hi all,

Odd because I was able to download it on LTE.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillyC