Motorola Pax

ronald600

Jun 30, 2011
Visit site
Well there are apps on there that I wont use but it doesn't seem excessive. I have only used it now for two days but so far I would recommend it for business use. The photon I had did more amazing things like being able to plug it in to a big screen tv and watch netflix or play a game but things I rarely did. I found the photon hard to text and type lengthy emails with and those are things I do constantly.

I am a little irritated that I can't download words with friends for it. Im not sure if its because the Admiral is running 2.3.5 or the screen size or what but several apps that I wanted to download are not compatible with it.

Not trying to talk you out of your phone but
Were you aware that they make portable keyboards for the Photon?
There are actually available for all touch screen phones
The purpose of those keyboards is exactly what you are talking about
Typing lengthy emails or documents

jp0213x

Aug 5, 2010
Visit site
Well there are apps on there that I wont use but it doesn't seem excessive. I have only used it now for two days but so far I would recommend it for business use. The photon I had did more amazing things like being able to plug it in to a big screen tv and watch netflix or play a game but things I rarely did. I found the photon hard to text and type lengthy emails with and those are things I do constantly.

I am a little irritated that I can't download words with friends for it. Im not sure if its because the Admiral is running 2.3.5 or the screen size or what but several apps that I wanted to download are not compatible with it.

How is the moto blur on this phone?

preryan

Aug 31, 2011
Visit site

yes I am aware of those keyboards and I can see the advantage of one for some people. With work, I am constantly on the go. Driving to visit a customer or job location. I don't want to carry and remember to get it everywhere I go. I write emails in elevators, waiting rooms, building lobbies and walking downtown. Not so practical for me.

preryan

Aug 31, 2011
Visit site
How is the moto blur on this phone?

I know that MOTOBLUR is the Motorola skin on android like other manufacturers use. However having not used any other android phones than the Admiral or Photon, I can't compare. I have been told by others who used a CLIQ in the past that this version of MOTOBLUR is less obtrusive.

Puzzlegal

Jul 19, 2011
Visit site

As a Pre refuge who still misses the key board, I am aware that I could get a portable keyboard for my photon, but it doesn't seem worth it. I don't want to juggle a keyboard and the phone in the train. Nor do I want to carry another object around. I wonder who uses them, and how, as they just don't seem very practical. Do people set up their phones like little computers? All the places where I could do that, I have an actual computer and can use a full-sized keyboard.

I'm okay with this phone, but I think my next phone will have a real keyboard.

ronald600

Jun 30, 2011
Visit site
yes I am aware of those keyboards and I can see the advantage of one for some people. With work, I am constantly on the go. Driving to visit a customer or job location. I don't want to carry and remember to get it everywhere I go. I write emails in elevators, waiting rooms, building lobbies and walking downtown. Not so practical for me.

I understand
Ideally there would be a dock for the Admiral\XPRT or PAX that would allow the use of a larger screen and keyboard

preryan

Aug 31, 2011
Visit site
As a Pre refuge who still misses the key board, I am aware that I could get a portable keyboard for my photon, but it doesn't seem worth it. I don't want to juggle a keyboard and the phone in the train. Nor do I want to carry another object around. I wonder who uses them, and how, as they just don't seem very practical. Do people set up their phones like little computers? All the places where I could do that, I have an actual computer and can use a full-sized keyboard.

I'm okay with this phone, but I think my next phone will have a real keyboard.

They don't make it easy on us, at least on Sprint. The high end phones have virtual keyboards. I'm happy with my choice (so far) but would have preferred 4g, dual core and a slightly bigger screen.

preryan

Aug 31, 2011
Visit site
Dual core on small screen would be a waste, 4g no big deal. We got about year left for wimax so I can do without the 4g.

4g is nice for music and video and also for internet and phone at the same time without wifi. As far as as dual core I did wish for a "slightly bigger screen". I don't need over 4" but bigger than 3.1" would be appreciated.

preryan

Aug 31, 2011
Visit site
Battery has been awesome. I took the phone off the charger at 6am and at 10:27 pm its at 7%. A billion times better than the Pre and still better than the MoPho. Lots of heavy usage today.

omega_drh

Oct 20, 2011
Visit site
I apologize if this isn't kosher to link like this, but just wanted to let you guys know that, after reading this thread for a while, I took the plunge and bought mine. Since I haven't been able to find another review, I took a shot and put up a little mini-review with my experience so far.