Motorola Pax

v_sprad#AC

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
Other than push to talk
I see no difference between the Admiral and a XPRT/DROID PRO with a working Gingerbread 2.3

btw Gingerbread 2.3 was released for the Droid Pro yesterday.
It cant be far behind for the XPRT

Besides the chirp, the main difference is the processor (1.2 qualcomm as opposed to the 1.0 texas Instrument) and the military specs, being resistant to dust, shock, solar radiation and high/low temperatures. More for the working man.

It seems the XPRT was designed for the people designing the buildings and the Admiral was designed for the people building them. :cool:

ronald600

Jun 30, 2011
Visit site
Besides the chirp, the main difference is the processor (1.2 qualcomm as opposed to the 1.0 texas Instrument) and the military specs, being resistant to dust, shock, solar radiation and high/low temperatures. More for the working man.

It seems the XPRT was designed for the people designing the buildings and the Admiral was designed for the people building them. :cool:

Thats funny ;)

In light of the current RIM trouble
Motorola stands to sell a ton of phones if they release Gingerbread on time for the XPRT and the release of the Admiral

v_sprad#AC

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
Thats funny ;)

In light of the current RIM trouble
Motorola stands to sell a ton of phones if they release Gingerbread on time for the XPRT and the release of the Admiral

You may be right...

I have in my possession right now, an Echo, Epic 4g, Nexus S 4g, Samsung Transform, HTC EVO 4g, Lg Optimus S, and a Motorola XPRT. The ONLY reason I choose the XPRT for daily use is the form factor and Blackberry-like keyboard. Motorola has won me over anyway.

Of course what do I know... I actually like the ECHO.... lol

ronald600

Jun 30, 2011
Visit site

rendang#AC

Nov 24, 2010
Visit site
The Motorola Admiral is suppose to drop tomorrow on Sprint

Motorola Admiral - Sprint Android Smartphone with Push-To-Talk - Overview - Motorola Mobility, Inc. USA

They have upgraded android to 2.3.3
They have upgraded the processor to 1.2ghz
They have upgraded the resolution to 64X480
They added a larger battery
They added Direct Connect
They removed the world radios

Now where im confused is how will Sprint sell the XPRT and the Admiral for the same price $99

Honestly, I think the Admiral is more the successor to the Titanium than the XPRT.
The Titanium was MIL-spec, had the old iDen PTT, non-3G, non-world phone and ran on an outdated Eclair.
The Admiral is still MIL-spec, updates to new CDMA Direct Connect, adds 3G, still non-world phone and now has Gingerbread.

Sprint/Motorola may not realize it but the Admiral is WAYYYY more appealing than the XPRT at this time for non-business users (as long as world phone capability is not a deal breaker).

I think (hope) that the XPRT will have a successor soon which will keep world phone capability and bump up specs wise to be similar to the Admiral, and hopefully some more to make it more competitive with other non-business geared phones. Things like front facing camera and better rear camera, a slightly larger display (~ 3.5"), NFC, same (or larger battery) for stellar life and upgrade path to ICS will make it a killer portrait QWERTY slab! That would be the no-compromise phone I'd want!

jp0213x

Aug 5, 2010
Visit site
I have an Admiral and so far so good.

How is the handset and speaker phone volume and does the phone have good sound quality? Someone also reported a bug and described a problem where the proximity sensor is causing the speaker phone to come on during a call. Have you ran into this problem yet?

Last edited:

preryan

Aug 31, 2011
Visit site
How is the handset and speaker phone volume and does the phone have good sound quality?

Well I am only on my second day with it but the volume seems fine. About the same as the Photon I used for a month but better than my Pre. The sound quality is good on the receiving end and no one has complained about it on the other end.

Its an odd shaped little phone. The top is slightly thicker than the bottom giving it a wedge shape. Doesn't bother me its just odd.

Im loving the keyboard. Dual core and 4g would be nice but I guess going without those will help battery life. The battery is quite large. With my Pre (and a lesser extent my Photon) I kept it on a charger all the time at my desk or in the car because was constantly running low on power. I am going to see how long this phone can go.

preryan

Aug 31, 2011
Visit site
How is the handset and speaker phone volume and does the phone have good sound quality? Someone also reported a bug and described a problem where the proximity sensor is causing the speaker phone to come on during a call. Have you ran into this problem yet?

No I have not had the speaker phone come on during a call. Yikes I hope I don't have that become an issue.

ronald600

Jun 30, 2011
Visit site
Honestly, I think the Admiral is more the successor to the Titanium than the XPRT.
The Titanium was MIL-spec, had the old iDen PTT, non-3G, non-world phone and ran on an outdated Eclair.
The Admiral is still MIL-spec, updates to new CDMA Direct Connect, adds 3G, still non-world phone and now has Gingerbread.

Sprint/Motorola may not realize it but the Admiral is WAYYYY more appealing than the XPRT at this time for non-business users (as long as world phone capability is not a deal breaker).

I think (hope) that the XPRT will have a successor soon which will keep world phone capability and bump up specs wise to be similar to the Admiral, and hopefully some more to make it more competitive with other non-business geared phones. Things like front facing camera and better rear camera, a slightly larger display (~ 3.5"), NFC, same (or larger battery) for stellar life and upgrade path to ICS will make it a killer portrait QWERTY slab! That would be the no-compromise phone I'd want!

I agree with you that the Admiral is the replacement for the Titanium
Since Gingerbread is already available for the Droid Pro , which is the same as the XPRT. There is no reason why the XPRT should not see it.
A true replacement for the XPRT would need to have a 3.5 inch screen or better and ICS with a larger battery. The camera is not a deal breaker for a business phone

preryan

Aug 31, 2011
Visit site
Was there a lot bloatware installed with the phone and would you recommend this phone?

Well there are apps on there that I wont use but it doesn't seem excessive. I have only used it now for two days but so far I would recommend it for business use. The photon I had did more amazing things like being able to plug it in to a big screen tv and watch netflix or play a game but things I rarely did. I found the photon hard to text and type lengthy emails with and those are things I do constantly.

I am a little irritated that I can't download words with friends for it. Im not sure if its because the Admiral is running 2.3.5 or the screen size or what but several apps that I wanted to download are not compatible with it.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae