1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default New Admiral user - New Android user

Hey guys,

Just picked up new admiral an hour ago, and obviously like any guy I havent read the book yet, couple of questions, what can I do to make it run better out of the box. and also, it looks like a front anbd back camera, but I havent been able to figure out the front facing camera yet.
  2. Thread Author  Thread Author    #2  

Default Re: New Admiral user - New Android user

I'm mistaken, this phone totally looks like it has a front facing camera, but from what I've read it doesn't.

So if that isn't a camera on the front, can someone tell what the hell it is ????

Global Posts
    94 Global Posts

If you're referring to the thing in between the Motorola logo and the notification light, that's the optical proximity sensor (to turn off the touch screen when you put the phone up to your face). There's also an ambient light sensor (to automatically dim the screen in low-light conditions) somewhere nearby which may look like a bit like a camera, but I'm not sure exactly where they hid it on the Admiral.
    Last edited by ahecht; 11-04-2011 at 04:21 PM.

Global Posts
    15 Global Posts

ricci427 same here. Just picked up my Admiral on Wed, also a first time Android user. so far liking it, but still trying to figure it all out.

How are the keyboard shortcuts? Coming from many BlackBerry devices, the keyboard shortcuts were killer.

Quote Originally Posted by dwaynewilliams View Post
    How are the keyboard shortcuts? Coming from many BlackBerry devices, the keyboard shortcuts were killer.
    I'm assuming this is what you are talking about..... You can assign a shortcut to all 26 letters as well as the side button (if you don't use PTT). You simply hold the 'Search' soft key and press the letter you want. I guess its a little awkward for 1 handed use though.
    Always have your stuff when you need it with Dropbox. Sign up for free! http://db.tt/4AiUNSMC

Mine
    - Sprint: Palm 700p, Palm Treo Pro, HTC Touch, HP Palm Pre, Motorola Admiral, Samsung Galaxy Nexus 4G (Jellybean 4.2.2); AT&T: Samsung Galaxy S4 Active (4.4.2)
    Wife's - Sprint: HP Palm Pre, LG Viper 4G LTE (ICS); Vizio VTAB1008 Tablet (Honeycomb); AT&T: Samsung Galaxy S4 Active (4.3)
    Daughters' - Nabi2 tablets (ICS)

Never trust a computer (or phone) named after a fruit.