Direct Connect issues fixed

mattvalenz

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
There has been a a maintenance release as of 3/19 to address multiple issues including Direct Connect registration problems.

Please refer to Sprint Community MR blog page for the Admiral here:
http://community.sprint.com/baw/message/404924#404924

We recommend downloading the update over Wi-Fi

Build Number

5.5.1Q-117_PAX-33

1. Items fixed:
  2. Numerous DC Registration issues
  3. Address Book UI enhancements
  4. Faster DC registration when starting up the device
  5. Using vibrate always ringer setting no longer mutes the DC incoming call beep
  6. Contact Quick Tasks widget now works for Direct Connect
  7. Task Manager no longer killing long running applications
  8. Plus others

I'm a Sprint Product Ambassdor supporting this update, so if I can help, please let me know.

Thanks.

Matt

preryan

Aug 31, 2011
Visit site
Any chance we can get an update that will allow us the option to control the keyboard back lighting? The fact that it turns on and off whenever the senor thinks it should is my major complaint with the phone. I would like to be able to make it stay on when in use. I realize this would drain the battery faster and am willing to do it. Perhaps there could be a disclaimer that popped up when you wanted to keep the light on stating that battery use will diminish with keyboard always on.

mattvalenz

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
The keyboard backlight is controlled by the screen timeout so if you set the screen timeout to never timeout, your keyboard backlight should never time out until you turn the screen off yourself via the power button. That can be affected by things like in-pocket detection which locks your phone and turns off the screen automatically so if you have that checked I would uncheck it.

MoeD

Nov 4, 2011
Visit site
Did the update do anything to the touchscreen sensitivity? Ever since the update I have been having issues with the phone going back to the home screen when typing. It is quite annoying to say the least. I dont even have to touch the screen anymore for apps to open, merely hold my finger close to the screen.

preryan

Aug 31, 2011
Visit site
Ok regarding the keyboard backlight, I should have been more specific. No matter how long I adjust the screen timeout, the keyboard backlight will turn off whenever it thinks that I have enough light in the room and I shouldn't need it. The phone is often wrong. It is not really light enough in the room and I want to be able to keep the backlight on.

In pocket detection is not on.

mattvalenz

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
Backlighting on the keyboard has to do with the light sensor, which will also dim your screen as needed when the screen brightness is set to "automatic." Do you have that set and if not can you try removing it and seeing how it goes. If that doesn't help, can you document inconsistencies some for me where the keyboard may light up and then not light up under similar/same conditions?

preryan

Aug 31, 2011
Visit site
Backlighting on the keyboard has to do with the light sensor, which will also dim your screen as needed when the screen brightness is set to "automatic." Do you have that set and if not can you try removing it and seeing how it goes. If that doesn't help, can you document inconsistencies some for me where the keyboard may light up and then not light up under similar/same conditions?

Setting it to automatic only served to make the screen useless outdoors as it was always too dim. Maybe I have a defective phone. No matter what I do the keyboard goes dark unless I am in a very well lit area. I still don't see why Motorola would not give me the option to adjust this. Heck my Palm Pre let me.

HiddenPondFarm

Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
I did that update, and can no longer DC at all. before, if I'd pop the battery out, the Dc would come on, but not anymore. I am not happy about this. Any suggestions?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87