Update killed Root

prolongExistence

Aug 19, 2011
Visit site
Motorola pushed out an update (55.11.33) today and now I can't get rooted. I tried 3 different methods that used to work & now they all fail. I can't tether anymore.

Anyone else have this issue? Better question, anyone have a solution?

preryan

Aug 31, 2011
Visit site
I haven't rooted my Admiral so am useless to you. What advantages have you seen rooting it? I did on my Kindle to be able to change the wallpaper and access the to the google market. I guess I am looking for an excuse to root it. If you figure it out can you let us know how you did it here?

prolongExistence

Aug 19, 2011
Visit site
Halfway there....

Ok, finally got rooted again but it seems that Moto is now blocking any attempts to illegally tether.

To get rooted.....
  1. Make sure you have Moto Helper 5.5.0 Get it here
  2. Enable 'USB Debugging' (settings>applications>development)
  3. Connect to USB in 'Charge Only' mode
  4. Use this 1-click exploit

Successful rooting but seems that tethering is blocked. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

EDIT: Tethering via bluetooth works! Posting this edit on my laptop tethered via FoxFi Bluetooth. As expected, speed is a little lacking (0.9MBs down) but its better than nothing. Now to figure out how to get wifi tether working again...

Last edited:
Reactions: sammael1069

CJO4

Dec 28, 2011
Visit site
I've had some issues with my Admiral ROM and haven't been able to update it. Would it be possible for you to put a copy of your ROM on DropBox or something similar so that I could try updating it that way?

Thanks!

prolongExistence

Aug 19, 2011
Visit site
I've had some issues with my Admiral ROM and haven't been able to update it. Would it be possible for you to put a copy of your ROM on DropBox or something similar so that I could try updating it that way?

Thanks!

I'm just running the stock ROM. Wouldn't you be able to just do a factory reset? See here

venaka

Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
Mine Tethering just dies as well..Thanks for bringing me up to rooted, but my tethering is caput.
Im going to try to run bluetooth like you suggested

Mckinsey01

Jan 11, 2012
Visit site
I can't tether with foxfi via bluetooth, loses 3G data connection every time. It's almost like sprint has locked me out, though I've never heard a word from them about tethering.
Scott

prolongExistence

Aug 19, 2011
Visit site
At first when they killed my wifi tethering, I was using foxfi bluetooth tethering. Then, I can't quite explain why, but I realized that it works without even using foxfi. I simply keep bluetooth turned on on my phone. Then on my laptop I have a bluetooth icon in the notification tray (bottom right, by the clock). Right click that icon and click "Join a Personal Area Network". Then a menu pops up listing available devices and I select my Admiral and click "Connect". That's it, done! No tethering apps need to be running on my Admiral

noladesi

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
Bluetooth tether is also working for me after rooting with your instructions above. I am also connected via the the Personal area network without any app on the phone or pc. Speeds are slow, but like you said it's better than nothing.

sammael1069

May 14, 2012
Visit site
Re: Halfway there....

Ok, finally got rooted again but it seems that Moto is now blocking any attempts to illegally tether.

To get rooted.....
  1. Make sure you have Moto Helper 5.5.0 Get it here
  2. Enable 'USB Debugging' (settings>applications>development)
  3. Connect to USB in 'Charge Only' mode
  4. Use this 1-click exploit

Successful rooting but seems that tethering is blocked. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

EDIT: Tethering via bluetooth works! Posting this edit on my laptop tethered via FoxFi Bluetooth. As expected, speed is a little lacking (0.9MBs down) but its better than nothing. Now to figure out how to get wifi tether working again...

Got Root............................. thanks worked first shot

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sleezzyy21