Motorola BackFlip with MotoBlur

kennethmsmith

Feb 10, 2010
Visit site
Ok.. so the news is out that Moto Backflip is coming to ATT on March 7th. Nice that the final price with 2 year contract after rebate will be $99 bucks. Not nice that it is releasing with android 1.5 instead of 2.1. Here is my big dilemma....

Should I get Moto Backflip now for $99 bucks or should I hold out for the Nexus 1 or whatever HTC phone eventually comes to ATT? I like the backflip.. but would love a bigger screen and faster processor.

I'm also concerned about if Blur takes over the android interface, or can it be turned off or hidden to make the interface look and feel like a standard android phone that doesn't have blur on it. ??/

HELP

arghsims

Feb 23, 2010
Visit site
kind of in the same position...

I don't really like the look of the Backflip design. Much more interested in something like the HTC Desire or Legend. I really hope the AT&T HTC phone is the Desire.

I'm eligible for a replacement phone with AT&T about a week after the Backflip comes out, and I want to move from my iPhone to a good Android device. But I don't think the Backflip is going to do it for me. Since my battery is starting to go on the iPhone, I'm tempted to get something ASAP... I'll probably wait for the HTC announcement to make a decision, I just hope they hurry up with that!

ERDude

Oct 21, 2009
www.droidtalk.net
I can't speak for Motorola, but with HTC devices you can shut of Sense and go with stock Android. I would assume Motorola would be the same, but you know what happens when one assumes.

jrkalina

Feb 2, 2010
Visit site
i would mostly because a physical keyboard is useless for me plus i dont like the weird design and im pretty sure AT&T is getting the desire(sucks cause im on vzw) which is a simply beautiful phone so i personally would just be patient

YourMobileGuru

Formerly VZWRocks
Feb 25, 2010
Visit site
Can MotoBlur be hidden / turned off / or removed from a phone so that the interface is just the standard Android desktop setup?

Well you can hide the widgets if that's what you mean. Just drag them to the trash can off to the side. As for uninstalling it, judging by the Devour which I have then the answer is maybe. If you go into Settings > Applications > Manage Applications there are several apps with the name MotoBBlur appended to them whichh theoretically you could remove (I'm not about to try) but I'm not sure what that would do to the functionality of the OS.

kennethmsmith

Feb 10, 2010
Visit site
I wish Apple would get out of AT&T's back pocket so AT&T would stop crippling their Android phones. They need an Android power house like the Desire (untouched) to stay competitive once iphone spreads to other networks.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmeliaRodriguez