Backflip 2.1 Capabilities?

luke31

Mar 16, 2010
Visit site
Just a general question for interesting discussion: Do you think that the Backflip will handle graphically intense features such as live wallpapers in 2.1? Also, is the Backflip multitouch capable at all for the update? I've heard people say that the Cliq is, so shouldn't the Backflip have the same capability? Also, do you think Motorola will skin the 2.1 UI like they did with 1.5, or will they leave the UI alone and simply include the motoblur widgets? I know these are all questions that will be answered in time, but what do you all think?

rawoods75

Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
Don't think so

I have a Moto Cliq which is essentially the same phone as the Backflip just w/ a different form factor and I wonder myself if it could handle 2.0 once the update was released. It boggs down quite a bit when I have too many widgets on screen. I cant imagine it running smoothly w/ live backgrounds.

zhelf

Zombie
Trusted Member
Nov 6, 2009
Visit site
odds are the cliq/backflip/devour same phone just different styles essentially are probably going to not handle the 2.0/2.1 update too well im sure some of the features will be held back if not restricted to keep the phones running smooth and not too laggy but i doubt motorola would give up motoblur although i wish they would since it really takes away from the device.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MarcosVo