This or Aria?

Jonneh

Aug 3, 2010
Visit site
Depends on a couple factors: Like one, do you prefer a Sense experience? The Aria is currently the only phone on AT&T that is from HTC, so it has Sense. This new phone, the Bravo, will have blur from Motorola.

Personally, I'm getting tired of AT&T only having mid-level devices...I know there's the Captivate, but that's literally it. We have like 6 Android phones to choose from and only one of them is even high-end. *sigh*..

If I had to choose between these low-level devices, I'd probably get either the Flipout (Charm one) just because I like the form factor, or the Aria (also nice form factor - comes with Sense - and is so pocketable).

mike9670

DROID Master
Oct 6, 2010
Visit site
I am hoping to get a new phone in October/November and was looking at Captivate but not sure if I want a half-baked phone with a non-functioning GPS and Touchwiz.

The ARIA has really captivated (!) me. All the youtube review videos show that Sense UI is really cool. Was about set on the Aria until the new Bravo showed up.

It has 800mhz vs 600 mhz and a larger 3.7" screen.

I hope it launches very soon.

I can't get myself to choose Apple iPhone even though it has better apps and stuff.........

pojkeboy

Oct 12, 2010
Visit site
I'd just get a Pre and glue it shut! :)

Edit... My bad I was thinking of the Moto Clementine... or whatever it's called.

Last edited:

Kevin OQuinn

AC Team Emeritus
May 17, 2010
Visit site
I am hoping to get a new phone in October/November and was looking at Captivate but not sure if I want a half-baked phone with a non-functioning GPS and Touchwiz.

The ARIA has really captivated (!) me. All the youtube review videos show that Sense UI is really cool. Was about set on the Aria until the new Bravo showed up.

It has 800mhz vs 600 mhz and a larger 3.7" screen.

I hope it launches very soon.

I can't get myself to choose Apple iPhone even though it has better apps and stuff.........

The GPS has been fixed. Touchwiz is another story..either you like it or you don't. The Aria is a great phone, and don't let the 600mhz processor fool you, it's plenty fast in everyday use.

Biggest knock on the Bravo is motoBLUR. And we'll have to see how fast it is in real world use when it comes out.

Grape Drank

May 26, 2010
Visit site
I really don't get calling the bravo a mid level device. sure it hasn't broken the 1GHz mark in terms of CPU speed, but it's got the same GPU as the droid x and the droid 2, just minus 200MHz. It's an upper mid level device if anything. I personally think the phone runs fantastically. I just wish I could find a root process that works for it.

sherifone

Apr 24, 2010
Visit site
I've been using the Defy (t-mobile's version) for a few days and I can safely say that its performance will surprise the hell out of you.

The GPU is very powerful, it runs games better than the new 2nd Gen Snapdragon in the MyTouch 4G. You won't be disappointed with this phone (other than the 3mp camera lol)

Luisgb

Oct 11, 2009
Visit site
Bravo

I've been using this phone now for a few days and am very impressed. As this was given to me at work, I was cringing at the idea of having to deal with a sluggish motoblur phone. After playing with it however, the complete opposite was true! The phone actually flies, is light, great screen, and huge 1500+ mAh battery! I have all my screens packed with widgets and still get a FULL day's use out of the phone. The three megapixel is a huge bummer though but surprisingly decent and has kodak one touch built in which does help a bit and it's built in panoramic tool is pretty sweet. As for rooting, just search the market for Z4root, one touch root on the bravo, worked great for me! Key things to point out with the new motoblur 1.5, it lets you now filter your facebook/twitter/other social accounts so you only get updates from people you want, awesome for people with hundreds and hundreds of "friends". Also gives you to option to sync certain accounts on wifi only (certain emails or social sites) for those on the 200 mb plan. You can also resize motoblur widgets right on the screen which is pretty awesome. And, of course, if you just dont like motoblur's widgets, dont use them! Also supports DLNA for those who are interested, and did I mention the screen is awesome?! 480x854, same res as the droid x, better than the evo, and wayyyy smaller and lighter!

Last edited:
Reactions: emoorman

jdanielcook

Nov 25, 2010
www.jdanielcook.net
I have the same question. I was sold on the Aria and then this and the Flipside came out.

I am also interested to hear of your experience with data usage. I have heard of 'phantom data' and was wondering if anyone has had an issue with it. I plan to get the 200MB plan and use wifi at home.

Related question, has anyone used LetsTalk, Best Buy or Walmart to buy a phone? How was the experience?

scrondar

Dec 4, 2010
Visit site
The phone is my first smartphone (finally moved up from a RAZR), and so far I like it. Rooted it successfully today with SuperOneClick, and am slowly getting used to apps and games on a handheld device. Response is good, wireless works all over the house, and as a phone, it is a huge improvement. I picked this model for it's display size, Android OS, and the deal I got through Amazon. Looks like a keeper. :cool:

BaconLegz

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
Tough Decision

I had that very same issue. This being a choice for my first smart phone and an android one at that, I couldn't choose between the two. I couldn't afford a Captivate, and I found a deal where the Bravo was free so I took the plunge. I love the Bravo. It's all touch screen and it is very responsive and fast and fits well in the hand unlike the Captivate. I'm not sure if you've made your decision but I'm very happy with the Bravo, it being my first android smart phone.

scrondar

Dec 4, 2010
Visit site
I'd like to try a custom ROM on my Bravo, but can't seem to find any info on whether one would work (and I don't want to be the one who bricked his finding out). I got my wife a Captivate for xmas, but she won't let me even root it, let alone try out one of the ROMs. :(

More and more accessories are showing up for the Bravo on Amazon, so I'm hoping the popularity of this phone increases to the point that someone successfully gets one of the ROMs on it. It is a great 'first' smart phone.

silvagroup

Jan 26, 2011
Visit site
Good entry level android phone, but if you like to try out the latest bleeding edge goodies, you won't find any for this platform it's too new hopefully it saturates the market enough so developers get into it.
My experience with the platform is that it handles the evryday thing very well, however if you plan on doing more than your typical calling and texting you will be disappointed with battery life, I am. Have to carry car charger with me.
Has a lot of potential it ever gets opened up.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
adelinachau53674