Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    65 Global Posts
    ROM
    Perception 9.5 / Stock

Default ok rooted (i think) now what?? noob

ok i rooted my bravo using SuperOneClick and i think it worked. the program ran and it said i was rooted. is there any way to check? also now that i have it rooted what next? were are all the cool apps and how do i get around the unknown source security warning?? thanks!!!!

Global Posts
    11,775 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock for now

well just go to the market and search rooted and you will get a list of apps that are for rooted devices, try Shoot me, if it allows you access then you are rooted.

when you get the warning i believe it give you an option to load unknown sources, check the box and apply.

i apologize if its different on the bravo.

good luck have fun
    Thanked by:
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Global Posts
    65 Global Posts
    ROM
    Perception 9.5 / Stock

i am rooted!! lol ok here is the message i am getting that i can get around thanks!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails ok rooted (i think) now what?? noob-snap20101208_220029.jpg  

Global Posts
    11,775 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock for now

Quote Originally Posted by dbord_n View Post
    i am rooted!! lol ok here is the message i am getting that i can get around thanks!
    great congrats

did you mean you can't get around?

try this, go to settings, application settings, then check the box next to Unknown sources
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Global Posts
    65 Global Posts
    ROM
    Perception 9.5 / Stock

yeah lol thats what i meant i couldn't get around it. i tried that there is not an option for unknown sources there is only manage applications running services development and double tap home launch.

Global Posts
    11,775 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock for now

A solution to sideloading non market files is here:

Android Forums > Android Chat > Android Applications > Android Sideload Wonder Machine

Another solution which I found really great is using abd install or push, means installing adb. Little technical but not to bad if I can do it.
    From what I have seen so far this device is currently is not the best for modding of nay kind.
    Moto is offering it as an upgrade platform and at very reduced prices so maybe as it becomes more prevalent in the market things will start emerging for it.
    And back to adb as this is a very good way to get into your system and do some exploring, also recommend Eclipse the explorer in there is awsome for seeing what is going on in your system.
    However even with all these cool tools since I am not a coder I am still pretty much in the dark.
    PS
    Rooted using z4root by installing with adb.
    Last edited by silvagroup; 01-26-2011 at 02:05 PM.

Would you mind explaining exactly what you did to root your Bravo? I'm attempting to root mine, but SuperOneClick1.6.3-ShortFuse hangs at "Reading OS Version properties..."

Last edited by psterrett; 01-30-2011 at 05:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by psterrett View Post
    Would you mind explaining exactly what you did to root your Bravo? I'm attempting to root mine, but SuperOneClick1.6.3-ShortFuse hangs at "Reading OS Version properties..."

since your on windows use that Sideload Wonder Machine app to sideload z4root.apk(google it) Once its installed, run the app. rooted.

If you have a mac or linux distro using adb and a terminal shell is the easiest most pain free way to do it. If you need help with the commands I can help you

Exclamation

I'd say that you need to install Bandroidx's RC2 ROM. I just downloaded it and installed it. There's also a Motorola Droid X 2.3.3 port you can flash as well. He's put in a lot of work for this phone so show some love. You need his Moto Bravo Bootstrap Recovery available on the market. This allows you to use Clockwork Recovery and load zips. It's perfectly compatible with UOT Kitchen so you can change your battery icons, status icons, etc. (you may already know that).

Hey bullet358,

I've got BandroidX RC2 and bought whatever he has on Marketplace, I agree, he's done some awesome work on this stuff.

You mentioned a Droid X 2.3.3 Rom that would work on the Bravo? Where can I find that?

Thanks,

Kevin
    Bravo BandroidX RC2, NMAInstaller, CWM Bootstrap Recovery