Froyo update failed on stock unrooted Bravo.
I did the update from AT&T this morning on my daughter's unrooted stock phone and now MotoBlur/Desktop won't load and I can't get into settings or anything. Proceed with caution. I see a blank screen with the top pull down bar with AT&T on the left, Wifi, 3G Bars, Battery and Clock that's it. I tried removing the battery and Sim and reinstalled them with no luck. Looks like I'll need to make a trip to the AT&T store. Anyone have any other ideas?
- 04-18-2011, 01:09 PM #3
- 4 Posts
Well Mark at the Motorola official forums gave me the answer.
For Bravo 2.2 (Froyo) devices
1. Remove and remount the battery. Enter Recovery mode by Pressing Vol down key and powering the phone
2. Screen will come to a Triangle with "!" mark. Press Vol up and down at the same time until a Menu comes up with following title, Android system recovery
3. Use volume buttons to highlight data wipe/factory reset
4. Press Power button to select
5. Use volume buttons to highlight reboot system now
This all worked and the update was applied but something didn't like it and needed resetting.