2.2.1 update problems for motorola bravo

mookie1027

Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
:cool:Hello i just wanted hear form any other users if they had problems with the recent update 2.2.1 for the motorola bravo from at&t.
I down loaded it last week after it kept telling me to do so and i am very dissapointed with it.
The problems i have had since the update as follow

1) phone freeses
2) have to pull battery or do hard reset to get out of freese
3) can not get back in to motoblur with out asking for new pass word or getting new account
4) voice dialer activates by it self while the screen is locked
5) automaticaly calls a number while the screen is locked

Spoke to At&t and they told me to talk to motorola whitch i did and guess what they said ?
** you need to speek to at&t **

So i would like to hear if anyone else had problems ?

ps love the bravo much better than the samsung captivate

moodyest

May 19, 2011
Visit site
Motorola Bravo update

I've been having similar problems with mine. I have to turn the phone off and pull battery and then all of my named folders all rename themselves to "folder." When I go to my main page, half the time, my message folder opens up. It's very slow now. My contacts pictures move from one person to another and other times they stay with the proper contact or duplicate to the original contact and another contact. The list goes on, I'd much rather the older version. When I called AT&T, they said call Motorola.

mookie1027

Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
re

I called motorola and they stated to call at&t. so i called them and told them the problems a nd i stated that i talked to motorola and they told me to speak to at&t. well i told them that this has gone far enough and that i need a phone that works, why i am i paying you all this money each month if i am not getting a working phone since at&t is the one who sent out the update. we went through all the trouble shooting and they deciced to send me new phone without the update. i still get the notice that there is a newer verision which ignore now.
my bravo is back to normal :cool::cool:

Dunc

Mar 17, 2010
Visit site
I had problems with the upgrade too. Phone came up "Emergency / SOS call only" after the upgrade, no matter how many times I restarted. Called customer support, and they told me to take it to a company store and get a new free SIM card that was compatible with the upgrade.

glitch123

Aug 20, 2011
Visit site
My phone freezes multiple times a day since the upgrade was pushed. I contacted AT&T and Motorola and got the usual BS runaround. I walked into an AT&T store and had a 18 yr old genius tell me all phones lock up. The phone never up once before the upgrade. This will be my last Motorola phone and when this contract expires I will leave AT&T. I doubt that I will impact their bottom line much but I dont have to play this stupid game either. I am rolling back to 2.1 and staying there.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
asha_kanta_sharma