Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Exclamation URGENT! Battery question

How many of you guys hate the Motorola charm's battery life? Well i do, and this thread will hopefully help me and many others. Does anyone know how to make the battery last more than normal? Please share your settings, the way you charge your phone, what you use it for, etc...

Thank you guys

Tried everything, ditched the Charm a few weeks ago and I don't miss it. It's by far the worst phone I've used in terms of battery life, no matter what I tried I couldn't get past 6 hours a day.
    HTC Desire / CyanogenMod 7.1
    Motorola can kiss my a##
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Thumbs up

nevermind sookster54, i got my battery to stay a hell of alot longer now lol, im using juicedefender .

Does anyone use the extended battery that came with it?
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by li2327 View Post
    Does anyone use the extended battery that came with it?
    yeah i do, been having great battery life lately had to change alot of settings lol

Global Posts
    502 Global Posts

Telus in Canada doesn't even sell the extended battery. The phone is always dying early unless wifi is turned off. Would be nice if Motorola would focus on firmware updates instead of claiming that they are releasing 100 phones before the end of the year lol. They keep churning these devices out but forget their previous customers. No matter how good the device is, if customer service fails, no one will buy in the future.

Global Posts
    49 Global Posts

Hi Guys,

I use adb shell to remove voicecommands.apk from /system/app + switched battery to smart mode & the battery now last longer. Usually the battery level goes to 10-20% after 6 hours (I have 3G data & wifi on with about 10 calls and a lot of smses) It lasted 18 hours with 20% left. I'll monitor for a few more days.... (please note that my Charm is a asia set & it doesn't have motoblur)

Besides removing voicecommands.apk, I also remove the following:-

FMRadioService.apk
    MySpace_Client.apk
    MySpace.apk
    PicoTts.apk
    SoundRecorder.apk
    StickyNoteWidget.apk
    Term.apk
    TtsService.apk
    VpnServices.apk
    WeatherWidget.apk

I'm pretty sure Voicecommands.apk is the culprit cos thats the last one I removed.

Matt

Default Re: URGENT! Battery question

Thanks Matt.I'll give it a try.

In order to use adb shell, do I have to root the phone first?

I use Juice Defender and it has helped. I tend to use my phone alot for browsing and it will last about 6-8 hours before it gets into the yellow. If I don't use data too much it will go all day, sometimes until dinner. Oh, and the battery saver mode is set to performance. I also use setcpu but it is not underclocked at all and automemory optimizer set below" agressive". I wonder about the optimizer maybe draining battery. Anyone know if it's a drain?

Sent from my MB502 using Tapatalk

Quite good tools and techniques you provided, but it does not affect the functioning of the battery in a larger way. This is a manufacturing content. I would like to see motorola doing with a newer version with improved battery life.

--------------------------------
    motorola bpr40

Its been a long time since I rocked a Charm, but the key to longer battery life for me was switching the battery setting to "Performance Mode". I know it sounds crazy, but it worked and I was also using the extended battery.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums