Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By tinker1234
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Motorola Citrus: How to pipe MP3 output into the aux jack of my car?

Hi,

I have a 2010 Civic and a Motorola Citrus.

I would like to pipe the output of the MP3 player on the Motorola Citrus into my car stereo via the aux jack.

I have not been able to find an aux cable with the kind of plug that fits into the Motorola Citrus.

Do such things exist? Where can I find one?

Is there another way to get the MP3 output into my car stereo?

Default Re: Motorola Citrus: How to pipe MP3 output into the aux jack of my car?

Have you tried a simple 3.5 mm male-to-male cable? This is the standard cable to connect MP3 players or smartphones (via their headphone jack) to an Aux input.

Amazon.com: Parts Express 3 Feet 3.5mm Stereo Male To Male Cable: Electronics
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Default Re: Motorola Citrus: How to pipe MP3 output into the aux jack of my car?

I have one, but the problem is that the Motorola Citrus doesn't have an aux jack, a "male". The only jack it has is what looks like an undersized USB port.

Global Posts
    816 Global Posts
    Carrier
    Stock!

Quote Originally Posted by tinker1234 View Post
    I have one, but the problem is that the Motorola Citrus doesn't have an aux jack, a "male". The only jack it has is what looks like an undersized USB port.
    Looking at the AC hands on, it should have a jack on the top. Look at about the 37s mark here: Motorola Citrus - Everything you need to know | Android Central.

Steve
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

What is the "AC hands on"?

Global Posts
    816 Global Posts
    Carrier
    Stock!

Quote Originally Posted by tinker1234 View Post
    What is the "AC hands on"?
    Follow the link in my previous post, scroll down a bit and you'll see a video.

Steve
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

Interesting! I can't recall ever seeing that jack on the top of my phone. I must have an earlier model of Citrus. I can't wait to get home to double check. Thank you.
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

Quote Originally Posted by bespinct View Post
    Follow the link in my previous post, scroll down a bit and you'll see a video.

Steve
    Turns out my Motorola Citrus does have an aux jack at the top. I successfully plugged it into the aux jack of my car this morning and got the MP3 output in my car stereo.

Now I don't need to replace my lost MP3 player.

Thank you!
    B. Diddy likes this.