1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
    AC Team Emeritus

Global Posts
    8,922 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Default Cliq 2: What do you think?

I know there are some Cliq 1 users who have been waiting for the next version. What do you guys think about this phone? Seems like a pretty decent mid-range phone with a keyboard.
    Kevin F.I.M.T.K. O'Quinn Esq.
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    2,164 Global Posts
    ROM
    CodeName Android 1.5.5

i think that if you really love your cliq, you will really love this device. an nice for cliq followers to actually get a phone with proper specs on it to properly run the 2.x versions of android. my friend has the OG cliq, and that thing is not at all built even to run 2.1
    AC Adviser

Global Posts
    1,021 Global Posts
    ROM
    Pure Google

I don't like it as much as the other phones that were shown at the CES.

Global Posts
    4,142 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Definitely nothing like what we saw at CES, but I agree that for those who are satisfied with their OG Cliq, it will be a very nice and welcomed upgrade.

New York Giants | New Jersey Devils | Colorado Avalanche | New York Knicks

Froyo, 1GHz CPU, and Motorola call quality.

I don't see anything NOT to like here.
    ಠ_ಠ
    제리
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    3,549 Global Posts
    ROM
    Ice Cream Sandwich

Eh, not digging the blur, or the keyboard. Somebody will like it tho. (i think?)
    Some say the glass is half empty. Some say its half full. I say, "Are you going to drink that?"

Global Posts
    419 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM7.1

Froyo, a 1GHz processor, and "4G" is nothing to sneeze at, but I don't understand why they didn't make use of all that space for the keyboard. Had they done that, added an FFC, and increased the screen size, this thing could have been a real Epic 4G contender.
    Siemens CF62T> Samsung T329 Stripe Black> MyTouch 3G Black (Android 1.6 Donut)> Blackberry Bold 9700 (5.0.0.330)> Samsung T219 Brown (backup crap dumbphone)> Google/HTC Nexus One (CM7.2)> Google/LG Nexus 4 (Android 4.2.2)

Global Posts
    450 Global Posts

Here's a thorough and good review of the phone:
    Banned

Global Posts
    3,706 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by TaeKwonDonkey View Post
    Froyo, a 1GHz processor, and "4G" is nothing to sneeze at, but I don't understand why they didn't make use of all that space for the keyboard. Had they done that, added an FFC, and increased the screen size, this thing could have been a real Epic 4G contender.
    That's not the Cliq's market. Its supposed to be a mid-range device, and its specs match that. As far as the FFC and screen go; outside of VZW no motorolas have ffc's yet, and it'll probably stay that way for a while. The screen is probably the size it is because Moto has those parts readily available. For all intents and purposes, this is a repurposed Droid 2.

Interestingly, despite the weirdness of the keyboard's looks, the reviews I've read say its one of the better keyboards out there.

has anyone purchase this phone?
    Banned

Looks like a better droid 2
    = I C E D R E E = ™

Global Posts
    467 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock 2.3.4 - Stock 4.0.4

U gotta give to Motorola , they know how to build a great phone , even for a Mid-Level phone
    Its a great phone , I wouldn't mind having one accept I'm waiting for the Atrix

I had the original and went to the G2 last fall. I enjoyed and liked the Cliq but hated the G2 (bulky and completely lacking in support unlike my Cliq). When the Cliq 2 came out I went right over to T-Mo and purchased it out right (my G2 was supplied with a hefty discount and a preclusion of not being able to upgrade to another for a year). This is new one is simply the original on steroids. I do prefer the original slideout keyboard though but other than that the one is a keeper.

Joe

@Droid800

Agreed. I had a G2 for a couple of months and I would never use it for all it can/could do. I loved the Cliq and for me the Cliq 2 is perfect. I don't intend on watching movies on it (which I could) but for all I need and want it satisfys 90% of what I could ask for.

Anyone want a G2?

Joe

I have it. It mainly stays in the box because I got it for my fiancée, I use have the HTC G2. I will admit that I LOVE the keyboard on the Cliq 2 and I kinda wish the G2 had the 1ghz cpu, but overall I like the G2 better. The cliq 2 is advertised as a 4G phone on Motorola website when in fact it's only a 3G phone. What's up with that?

Quote Originally Posted by jbird1955 View Post
    @Droid800

Agreed. I had a G2 for a couple of months and I would never use it for all it can/could do. I loved the Cliq and for me the Cliq 2 is perfect. I don't intend on watching movies on it (which I could) but for all I need and want it satisfys 90% of what I could ask for.

Anyone want a G2?

Joe
    If you're giving it away, I'll take it! lol! I found the G2 to be more responsive.

Default MotoBlur - Removal

Is it possible to remove the MotoBlur and just have Froyo 2.2?

I have had the phone for 2 weeks and absolutly love it!

Default My Cliq 2

I bought one and it is my first android. I have to say I love everything about it so far (Ive had in 3 weeks). This could be because I wanted an android so bad I'm blind to all but the good. I like the slide out keyboard now that I've gotten used to it.

I do wonder if there is a way to root this phone? Thanks for any info you all have.

Google for z4root. It will root the phone. Seems to be kinda odd though. Some people get it to work within a few seconds me it took 11 tries before the root happened.

Sent from my rooted MB611 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by alarmdude9; 03-27-2011 at 09:29 PM.