Cliq 2: What do you think?

Kevin OQuinn

AC Team Emeritus
May 17, 2010
Visit site
I know there are some Cliq 1 users who have been waiting for the next version. What do you guys think about this phone? Seems like a pretty decent mid-range phone with a keyboard.

terpitude71

Retired Moderator
Dec 9, 2009
Visit site
i think that if you really love your cliq, you will really love this device. an nice for cliq followers to actually get a phone with proper specs on it to properly run the 2.x versions of android. my friend has the OG cliq, and that thing is not at all built even to run 2.1

Chris Kerrigan

Nov 16, 2009
Visit site
Definitely nothing like what we saw at CES, but I agree that for those who are satisfied with their OG Cliq, it will be a very nice and welcomed upgrade.

TaeKwonDonkey

Dec 18, 2009
Visit site
Froyo, a 1GHz processor, and "4G" is nothing to sneeze at, but I don't understand why they didn't make use of all that space for the keyboard. Had they done that, added an FFC, and increased the screen size, this thing could have been a real Epic 4G contender.

Droid800

Banned
Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
Froyo, a 1GHz processor, and "4G" is nothing to sneeze at, but I don't understand why they didn't make use of all that space for the keyboard. Had they done that, added an FFC, and increased the screen size, this thing could have been a real Epic 4G contender.

That's not the Cliq's market. Its supposed to be a mid-range device, and its specs match that. As far as the FFC and screen go; outside of VZW no motorolas have ffc's yet, and it'll probably stay that way for a while. The screen is probably the size it is because Moto has those parts readily available. For all intents and purposes, this is a repurposed Droid 2.

Interestingly, despite the weirdness of the keyboard's looks, the reviews I've read say its one of the better keyboards out there.

IceDree

= I C E D R E E = ?
Jul 1, 2010
Visit site
U gotta give to Motorola , they know how to build a great phone , even for a Mid-Level phone
Its a great phone , I wouldn't mind having one accept I'm waiting for the Atrix

jbird1955

Nov 18, 2010
Visit site
I had the original and went to the G2 last fall. I enjoyed and liked the Cliq but hated the G2 (bulky and completely lacking in support unlike my Cliq). When the Cliq 2 came out I went right over to T-Mo and purchased it out right (my G2 was supplied with a hefty discount and a preclusion of not being able to upgrade to another for a year). This is new one is simply the original on steroids. I do prefer the original slideout keyboard though but other than that the one is a keeper.

Joe

jbird1955

Nov 18, 2010
Visit site
@Droid800

Agreed. I had a G2 for a couple of months and I would never use it for all it can/could do. I loved the Cliq and for me the Cliq 2 is perfect. I don't intend on watching movies on it (which I could) but for all I need and want it satisfys 90% of what I could ask for.

Anyone want a G2?

Joe

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
I have it. :) It mainly stays in the box because I got it for my fianc?e, I use have the HTC G2. I will admit that I LOVE the keyboard on the Cliq 2 and I kinda wish the G2 had the 1ghz cpu, but overall I like the G2 better. The cliq 2 is advertised as a 4G phone on Motorola website when in fact it's only a 3G phone. What's up with that?

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
@Droid800

Agreed. I had a G2 for a couple of months and I would never use it for all it can/could do. I loved the Cliq and for me the Cliq 2 is perfect. I don't intend on watching movies on it (which I could) but for all I need and want it satisfys 90% of what I could ask for.

Anyone want a G2?

Joe

If you're giving it away, I'll take it! lol! :) I found the G2 to be more responsive.

taylorcb2011

Mar 27, 2011
Visit site
My Cliq 2

I bought one and it is my first android. I have to say I love everything about it so far (Ive had in 3 weeks). This could be because I wanted an android so bad I'm blind to all but the good. I like the slide out keyboard now that I've gotten used to it.

I do wonder if there is a way to root this phone? Thanks for any info you all have.

alarmdude9

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
Google for z4root. It will root the phone. Seems to be kinda odd though. Some people get it to work within a few seconds me it took 11 tries before the root happened.

Sent from my rooted MB611 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sleezzyy21